Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Nowhere Matt--I can tell a green field from a cold steel rail...most of the time.

Limey--Can I count a collective peak as a simultaneaous "O"? My wife is curious...

Gooshin & K100d--no doubt many of us would like to get more and better tech info. The blend of mathematical formulas and field experience should produce more than it seems to. Hope it doesn't degenerate as badly as the auto forum you mentioned. Hey, I even got shouted down for learning through experience rather than through mathematical formulas this winter. Geez, that made me go out and shoot some more! Dummy me actually using my camera...

04-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #17
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Ron Boggs Quote
Limey--Can I count a collective peak as a simultaneaous "O"? My wife is curious...
This is a Pentax forum not a Tantric forum. I can google one for your wife if you like.
04-20-2009, 12:58 PM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote

PS:

Ah, Spring.......

Not another frickin flower picture!

Steve

(Got a few of some trillium from the weekend I need to get up...)
04-20-2009, 01:26 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
My wife ain't afraid of a google every now and then...at least that's what the postman tells me.

Stevebrot's right...another freekin' flower. Can't be long 'til someone spoils the day with a picture of a damn bird or child or pet or sunset or something.

04-20-2009, 01:42 PM   #20
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ron Boggs Quote
My wife ain't afraid of a google every now and then...at least that's what the postman tells me.

Stevebrot's right...another freekin' flower. Can't be long 'til someone spoils the day with a picture of a damn bird or child or pet or sunset or something.
How about a pic of a child, a bird, and sunset in one pic or at least 2 of the 3?

04-20-2009, 05:55 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I suppose it's time to start another Pentax autofocus thread.
04-20-2009, 06:49 PM   #22
Damn Brit

There are a couple of popcorn and beer threads in General Talk ATM.

04-20-2009, 07:24 PM   #23
Inactive Account

withdrawn...

Last edited by woof; 04-20-2009 at 07:57 PM.
04-20-2009, 08:24 PM   #24
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
withdrawn...

Dang, I bet I missed something good.
04-20-2009, 08:42 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
i guess every forum needs a balance of n00b and technical details
if you just make everything FAQ's it does get rather impersonal, especially if you make stuff like FA31vsFA35vsDA35vsDA40vsFA50 or DA70vsFA77 and sticky it. although that's why getting a good search makes a big difference, if people get frustrated by the search, they'll just ask the same question again.

it does feel like there are more pictures than before
The search engine on this software (vBulletin ?) leaves something to be desired. Google doesn't help much.
04-20-2009, 08:43 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah, that was a rather unfortunate New Thread, wasn't it?

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
How about a pic of a child, a bird, and sunset in one pic or at least 2 of the 3?

04-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #27
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The search engine on this software (vBulletin ?) leaves something to be desired. Google doesn't help much.
On various occasions Adam has suggested to people that a search via Google achieves far better results. Hopefully at some point it will be addressed by the VBulletin people. About the same time Pentax addresses AF I should imagine.
04-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
On various occasions Adam has suggested to people that a search via Google achieves far better results. Hopefully at some point it will be addressed by the VBulletin people. About the same time Pentax addresses AF I should imagine.
Yeah, I noticed Adam addressed the issue by adding the Google engine. I just need to improve my Boolean Queries now.

Also, can I search Members by location using Google? If I search for MO (Missouri) in the vBulletin engine I get all the MOntanas, too. If I use "MO" I get nothing.
04-20-2009, 09:28 PM   #29
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Yeah, I noticed Adam addressed the issue by adding the Google engine. I just need to improve my Boolean Queries now.

Also, can I search Members by location using Google? If I search for MO (Missouri) in the vBulletin engine I get all the MOntanas, too. If I use "MO" I get nothing.
You need a minimum of four characters on vBulletin.
04-20-2009, 09:36 PM   #30
Veteran Member

[Edit] Never mind, already addressed...
Mike
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
On various occasions Adam has suggested to people that a search via Google achieves far better results. Hopefully at some point it will be addressed by the VBulletin people.