Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2009, 08:52 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
The telephone was based on the telegraph.
Interestingly, though, a device we strongly associate with the telephone....the now semi-obsolete fax machine....
was invented and in commercial use
before the telephone.

04-28-2009, 09:44 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Here ya go one of the Canadian great inventions CityNews.ca - Toronto's News: Ottawa Inventor Comes Up With "Roll Up The Rim" Tool
04-28-2009, 12:36 PM   #33
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some inventions have some irony associated with them also. For example the inventor of the type-writer died a poor man while the inventor of the hool-a-hoop died wealthy.

Edit: The Aussies get credit for the Dyson vacuum cleaner. That is a great improvement, but I hate sitting through Dyson and his advertisements. I'm like, yeah yeah, you re-invented the wheel, stfu already! However, that's probably the best improvement on a suction devise since Monica L.
04-28-2009, 12:59 PM   #34
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Some inventions have some irony associated with them also. For example the inventor of the type-writer died a poor man while the inventor of the hool-a-hoop died wealthy.

Edit: The Aussies get credit for the Dyson vacuum cleaner. That is a great improvement, but I hate sitting through Dyson and his advertisements. I'm like, yeah yeah, you re-invented the wheel, stfu already! However, that's probably the best improvement on a suction devise since Monica L.
If Monica L had decent suction, there wouldn't have been any evidence.

04-28-2009, 01:01 PM   #35
Igilligan

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
If Monica L had decent suction, there wouldn't have been any evidence.
No you didn't!
04-28-2009, 01:05 PM   #36
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
No you didn't!
I did .
04-28-2009, 02:09 PM   #37
graphicgr8s

What is it with my threads lately? You guys just seem to bring them down the back alley. Oh well.

04-28-2009, 02:24 PM   #38
Damn Brit

What is it with my threads lately? You guys just seem to bring them down the back alley. Oh well.
Why do you sound surprised?

Blue started it anyway.
04-28-2009, 06:17 PM   #39
graphicgr8s

Why do you sound surprised?

Blue started it anyway.
Not surprised at all. Knew it would eventually happen. Just not so soon.
04-28-2009, 06:37 PM   #40
Damn Brit

Not surprised at all. Knew it would eventually happen. Just not so soon.
We're on page three, I think it was slow.
04-28-2009, 06:42 PM   #41
graphicgr8s

We're on page three, I think it was slow.
Hahhaaaa

10char
04-28-2009, 07:13 PM   #42
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Interestingly, though, a device we strongly associate with the telephone....the now semi-obsolete fax machine....
was invented and in commercial use
before the telephone.
By an Italian. Of course.
04-28-2009, 07:50 PM   #43
Inactive Account

Just watching the History channel. Edwin Land invented the instant photo in 1948. How come we don't invent things anymore?
....because the younger generation has more important things like their social life... I mean look at movies nowadays, they can't think of anything new, so they have remakes of old movies. Same with music. They can't come up with anything new, so they remake the old music. It's seems like they have no imagination like we used to growing up. They don't need to think, they have electronics do it for them. Ever seen a teen try to figure out change in a store? They get confused if you give them more than the amount due.
04-28-2009, 07:55 PM   #44
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Wildnsyko Quote
....because the younger generation has more important things like their social life... I mean look at movies nowadays, they can't think of anything new, so they have remakes of old movies. Same with music. They can't come up with anything new, so they remake the old music. It's seems like they have no imagination like we used to growing up. They don't need to think, they have electronics do it for them. Ever seen a teen try to figure out change in a store? They get confused if you give them more than the amount due.
And don't give them the change. They can't count up. Sorry, the originals are still the best.

Me and a buddy of mine growing up (he was a geek, I however wasn't) were always trying to think of how to build a perpetual motion machine. I am still working on that. In my spare time.
04-28-2009, 07:55 PM   #45
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Wildnsyko Quote
It's our generation financing that stuff.