Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pleasant meeting.

I have say, how nice it was to be working at the local Botanic Gardens last week, when I noticed a photographer with what appeared to be a Pentax camera. It was and I struck up a conversation with this very nice photographer.
Turns out she was a member here as well(Kyteflyer). Nice surprise.
To see somebody NOT using a Canon or Nikon, and a member of Forums as well, made my day!

05-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
Damn Brit

What a nice job you must have Bruce, out in nature, such a calming place. I'm sure most of the visitors are pleasant as well even if they aren't Pentaxians.
05-06-2009, 02:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Not wrong, Garry, its a great place with kangaroos and wallabies coming in from the wild. Used to have a number of Koala bears but they have moved further into the bush. And black and brown snakes. This one( a red bellied black snake) was about 6 to 7 feet in length, not advisable to mess about with.

This and only other visitors I dont like are the mosquitoes, in the warmer months. I worked as an office manager for about 38 years and when I retired from that, I ventured into this, something completely different, and am certainly enjoying the experience.
05-06-2009, 06:05 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What a neat job! Has to be some thing you want to to do every day. Great fun to see other photographers not using canikon. As a child always wanted a pet roo! Not too likely here in the US. Parents had a hard time convincing me. Don't want your snake though.
thanks
barondla

Check out POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #18 WINNER in P&S forum. Enter #19. Any brand camera. Enter now!