Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2007, 07:24 PM   #1
Ed in GA

OneCall.com

About 30 - 40 days ago I placed an online order with OneCall.com for several items one of which was an open box item.

When I did a follow up the next morning on my order, all of the items were shown to be back-ordered. Immediately I made a call to the seller. They explained to me that there was a problem and it appeared that they had sold the "open box" item to more than one person but they would see what they could do and would call me back. They did, in fact, call me back actually about four times that day and on the third call told me that the problem had been resolved and they would be shipping my order complete later that day. The fourth call was made to give me a tracking number for my order.

Three days later my order arrived and I was quite happy with the entire transaction.

Earler today, my phone rang. And, when I answered, it was a representative from OneCall.com. His call was for the purpose of following up to make sure that I had received everything I had ordered and that I was happy with all of the items. I told him that I was so he thanked me and hung up.

Now, that's real customer service when you get a follow up call 30 days later from a store to make sure that you are happy with your purchase.

I believe that I will be doing business with them again in the future..

04-18-2007, 08:44 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I bought a compact Canon SD10 and my Pentax 10-17mm from them. Too bad they didn't have it in stock - otherwise I would have ordered my K10D from them too. Great company to deal with.
04-18-2007, 09:40 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Well....

I bought a Pioneer Laserdisc/DVD player from them. It worked only about 30 minutes when I received it. When I called them to arrange a return, they refused. They said, "you are probably doing something wrong and there's no reason to return it." I called again and got the same story. A third call, to the "manager" and he said "you can return it and we'll look at it, but it probably is fine and it won't make any difference." Mind you -- the laserdisc player is completely inoperable!

So I sent it back and they kept it for THREE WEEKS, all along feeding me the line, "we're looking at it." So at the end of it, they send it back to me UNFIXED and say, "we've had it on our showroom floor the entire time and it plays DVDs perfectly." "No," I said, "it's the LASERDISC function that DOESN'T WORK!!!" "Oh, we never use those here."

Three more weeks of dealing with Pioneer directly and the factory arranged a return for full refund.

OneCall is not very good on customer service if you ask me. Others may have a better experience but I found them unprofessional and positively hostile towards customers.
04-19-2007, 08:38 AM   #4
racinsince55

Well, you've had problems with Pentax rebates, as well as other rebates. Problems with Onecall.

Is there anyone you haven't had some problem with?

04-20-2007, 06:43 AM   #5

I've had outstanding service from OneCall.

Purchased my 50mm 1.4 from them. Arrived quickly and I also received a follow-up call asking if I was happy with everything. I definately would do business with them again......