Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2009, 01:23 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
any IINET Australia customers here??

Just posted up a free application I wrote, it's a little application to monitor your monthly download quota and other iinet connection related information.

You can download it by going to my website in my sig below and click on 'iiTracker Software'...

some screenshots

Last edited by joele; 05-12-2009 at 06:03 AM.
05-10-2009, 01:31 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I'm with IINET, been using the Vista toolbar app, the good lady uses the FF plugin by Critter. I'll have to give yours a quick road test Joele.
05-10-2009, 01:34 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thanks, even if you don't continue, it would be good to know if it works or not for others...

Their XML feed is pretty limited and I am curious if people with different 'types' of iinet connections have problems with my application or not...

It is really just this weekends work, but without more full historical information available from IINET I am not sure how much more I could do... just a bit of cleaning up and a few bits and pieces here and there (like colour coding the tray icon when the quota available gets low)..

There is another app that has history but they scrape the actual HTML from the IINET toolbox website, and as that is just about to change, I think that is far from worth my time.. Will email some iinet staff and see how far I get requesting more info in the XML... lol...

BTW.. any suggestions welcome..
05-10-2009, 05:15 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I am with netspace and wonder if that programme would work for me at all.

So this is what takes you so many weekends to do?

05-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
took only this weekend (inc friday night) ;-)

sorry will only work with iinet as they provide the usage information.
05-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #6
Veteran Member

No upload stats showing for me but then I'm not using the Naked plans so not likely to be available from their usage server.
05-10-2009, 11:12 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Joele

so far looks great... works well

I will see how it goes over a period

Hey you should do this for a living mate.

Neil

05-12-2009, 04:04 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
xjjohnno

Yeah I have been told uploads only work for naked plans, I don't see why though, if you are on a normal plan thinking of going naked, wouldn't you want to know what you use?

I have asked iinet about it, but no luck so far...

nulla

LOL, I do... But I mainly write automated programs and reports not user interactive stuff, other than some Windows Mobile Applications and a few apps used in our stores in a controlled retail environment (JB hi-fi).. I have never written an application for public download and use before.

If you are using version 1.1 please download again, close the app and then go into control panel and add/remove programs and remove an app called 'setupiitracker' and then run the installer to install version 1.2.. the first version has a screwed up installer so you have to uninstall it first, from 1.2 onwards the installer is fixed so (1) the package is actually called 'iitracker' and (2) you will be able to just run the installer over the top and upgrade as a normal application does..

Other Changes in 1.2
- Business plans should work now, also customised titles to show 'anytime' rather than 'peak' including tray popup.
- True/False now Yes/No for shaped
- Alternating row colours in grid (tabulated data) for better readability
- Last Updated is now in the tray popup information

- If you right click on the column totals at the bottom of the tabulated data you can change the summary from total to min, max or average.
- Future days not shown in the tabulated data, made the step above much more simple, and I think helps the graphs as don't have so much empty space.
- 'IP Held since' is formatted better.
- Added 'combined' usage to the tabulated data
- Fixed bug in tabulated view (kept growing.. oops)

I am still actively working on this a new version with a large number of changes should be out soon... Most importantly the tray icon will change from green to yellow to red on levels of peak usage of your choice (i.e. go yellow at 70% used and red at 90% used)... Still have some other fixing up to do too before it is released.. ;-)
05-12-2009, 05:30 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Part of the reason I stayed on the standard plans Joele, I've kept a land line for emergency calls, upload quite a bit and couldn't see the extra value even though I use the VOIP for outgoing calls. I can see the sense in the upload metering for Naked plans though.
I'm looking forward to your updated version.
05-12-2009, 06:00 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Did you get version 1.2 on OK? sorry about having to uninstall first, glad I got that sorted..

Direct link for anyone who needs it - http://www.eisner.id.au/iiTracker/iiTracker.msi

I am struggling for time on the home PC lol, 1.3 shouldn't be too far away, couple of days maybe..
05-12-2009, 02:58 PM   #11
Veteran Member

What's the uninstall process, can't seem to find an uninstaller so is it just a straight delete from the programs directory?
I'm using Vista 32 Bit Ultimate as my OS btw.
05-12-2009, 06:15 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I have vista too.. just go to control panel and then 'Programs and features' and 'unistall program'.. scroll through the list and there is an application called 'SetupIItracker'. right click and uninstall...

Again sorry about that, I have renamed it iitracker in the new version and fixed the installer to allow upgrades.

Last edited by joele; 05-12-2009 at 06:32 PM.
05-13-2009, 03:08 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Can't expect you remember everything in the first beta. It seems to be working fine, but first day in the billing period and I haven't been into Iview to see how the freezone tally goes.
05-13-2009, 06:22 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
OK 1.3 is up - http://www.eisner.id.au/iiTracker/iiTracker.msi

Changes
- Complete skinning (see picks in first post of this thread, even the form itself is skinned)
- Red tray icon setting (you set the level when the tray icon goes red, i.e. at 80% used)
- Changed normal tray icon to green to go along with the option above..
- Smiley faces (these replace the tray icon, cute but less obvious than green or red icons)

Now the question is does the upgrade work now or not?? if not you will have to do the whole uninstall/install bit again.. I hope it is working, my system is a bit of a mess as I have installed so many consecutive betas... PLEASE let me know if the upgrade works or if you have to uninstall/install again, I will have to change to a dedicated installation builder (like WISE builder) if this still doesn't work..
05-13-2009, 02:23 PM   #15
Veteran Member

The updater worked fine without the need for an uninstall. Changing skins works fine. Can't seem to find the red tray icon adjustments. The tray icon has the same appearance as earlier. Might do a total uninstall and install fresh to see if more options appear.
A quick update, for me an uninstall was needed for the warning adjustments, the smiley icons and the red/ green tray icons to appear so the updater didn't quite install the extra options.

Last edited by xjjohnno; 05-13-2009 at 02:30 PM.