Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2009, 02:32 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
i'm alot closer to europe than canada believe me

also my french knowledge is limited to reading french signs in english with the words flipped while filling in the blanks with my imagination.

however i am fluent in russian, although i have a feeling it wont come to much use, even though the motherland will be a stone's throw away.

05-13-2009, 02:32 PM   #17
Dom

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
also, London is London, i'll be there for just a day

what about places such as Berlin or Barcelona, are they less photophobic overthere?
That I can't help with. Have a nice time and don't forget that the UK has got some awesome landscapes.
05-13-2009, 03:06 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Being a Canadian in Holland is sweet. They still remember that Canadians liberated Holland near the end of WW 2. This is why we have all the tulips in Ottawa every year, courtesy of their Head of State.
05-13-2009, 06:36 PM   #19
Damn Brit

Barcelona is an incredible place for photography. Berlin I've never been to but I don't imagine having problems there.
London will be your only problem, that movie 'V for Vendetta' seems to be becoming a self fulfilling prophecy.

05-13-2009, 06:58 PM   #20
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
also, London is London, i'll be there for just a day

what about places such as Berlin or Barcelona, are they less photophobic overthere?
I have traveled and photographed trains, stations and street scenes in Germany (including Berlin) (and Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, Italy, The Netherlands) the last 8 summers - never a problem.

Just stay away form England...
05-14-2009, 07:20 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bymy141 Quote
There is little or no true danger for you as a person, guns and arms are not widely available, so Europe in that respect is much saver than the American continents.
Also police corruption is only an issue in the eastern countries.
Europe in general is pretty safe, but of course bad people are everywhere.
Bert, my friend, you've apparently bought into the myth that "the USA is a tremendously dangerous place to visit because we have so many guns and everyone's willing to use one at the slightest provocation"... Believe me, a *myth* is exactly what it is. While there are more firearms per capita than in many other countries, we *don't* go around in constant fear for our lives. <sigh> Avoid certain areas like inner-city slums and you are at no greater risk than you would be at home in Holland... Just as you say, there are bad people everywhere, but they're a small percentage here as well as over there.

Oh, and knives, pipes, bricks, etc - when used with ill intent, those count as "arms" too. A thug can do quite a bit of damage with one of those...

Jim
05-14-2009, 08:08 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Complementary to what Bert said: at least in the Netherlands you won't have any problem photographing public buildings and people etc. But it is probhibited to make pictures at train stations, because it's private property, so you need permission from the owner (which is one of those institutions with apparachics where you will be never able to find your way through, just as us, inlanders...). However, I doubt if you will be in trouble if you would make photos there, because the train stations of the big cities are overloaded with foreigners, especially in Amsterdam and Utrecht, making photos all the time...

05-14-2009, 10:07 AM   #23
Veteran Member

I would recommend the following,

Don't travel, don't photograph - we are all terriorists (I'm a terriorist because I side with Republicans and believe that government answers to the wants and needs of the people)

Stay in your own country - every country hates us anyways

Watch out for Global Warming - even though it doesn't exist it will kill you.

Don't drink the water and don't breath the air - you might become a victum of the swine flu

Don't have an opinion - you might hurt someone's feelings and that will land you in jail

Don't be critical of Obama - since he is God, he can't do any wrong (not)

Watch lots of TV and believe everything the media says - because they are always right (not)

Don't talk to anyone you don't know because they will steal your kids - even though statics show child abductions are caused more by someone who knows the child.

Don't sleep - cause the boogy man might get you

Don't go out of your house - you might get germs and die

Don't touch anything - you might get germs and die

Just don't exist - if you don't exist, nothing can happen to you.
05-14-2009, 10:32 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thanks Elwood, much appreciated.

dont you have some praying to do and a wife to take care of?
Closed Thread