Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #91

Photos: Albums
Whoa, old tread back from the dead.
Agree that Linux is not for everyone. I tried several OS on my various PCs at home including XP, Ubuntu, Puppy Linux and Jolicloud. They are all ok (except XP) and make the most of an older system with minimal specs. Biggest gripe was hardware incompatibility with the Linux OS. Some printers I had just did not work well.

By the way have your tried Win 8. I have a Mac OSx at home but was hesitant go back to windows but after seeing (at work) a PC running Win 8 I decided to build my own PC and run Win8 on it. So far my Mac gets hardly used these days

09-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #92
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by faceless_el Quote
Whoa, old tread back from the dead.
Not for long. It was dead for over 4 years before it was resurrected. Best to let it RIP.

CLOSED
Closed Thread

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
boot, laptop, mac, os, reliability, software, windows, xp