Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
05-21-2009, 09:00 PM   #16
Damn Brit

Wheatfield's right, it's easy to form a bad impression of someone online and it can take a long time to change that opinion.

05-21-2009, 09:51 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hey pingflood, looking for someone to take care of that 10D for you for a while?
05-21-2009, 10:42 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
When they met you and you DIDN'T rip their heads off or wrap their testicles in rusty barbed wire?

I can imagine!
Do I really deserve such harshness?
05-21-2009, 10:57 PM   #19
Not Registered

Are you even close to be aware of how sick your list is? It is a downright list to "Get a life book"

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
if things on the internet affect you too much and it gets under your skin, get off the internet.

or learn to just deal with it

Gooshins guide to pissing people off while not giving a flying ****:

1. avoid direct insults with no explanation, particularly with people you have never dealt with. I call people idiots all the time, but i usually try to add an explanation as to why i think they are an idiot, unless we have been "forum comrades" for awhile, in which case no explanation is necessary.

2. proof read what you write, always, you will be amazed how many posts that you write will never see the light of day just by scanning over your own ideas once or twice, and realizing that it may be TOO MUCH.

3. before you make a post, ask yourself "is it worth it?"

4. if you're going to fight for what is right, you better have a bag full of ammo, and be ready to admit defeat when things go south.

5. assume everyone is an idiot and work UP, the good guys will shine through

6. remember the golden rule of the internet, no one really gives a f\/ck

7. some people just like to boom and wave their flags on the internet, you got to be able to recognize it and just let it slide

8. if someone talks shit to you, check their post count and join date. Forum seniority is serious business.

9. Even if you think you are right, half the forum will think you are wrong, even if they nod in agreement. Some people are just idiots, and no amount of arguing will change their stance.

10. if you provoke out of boredom, be prepared for a rebuttal

11. take breaks, really, no one cares if you are on the forum or not, unless you are gone for TOO long, then some people start to think you are dead, those are the guys you can call friends.

12. ALWAYS REMEMBER that how a person is like on the forums is totally different than how they are in real life, you can ask any of toronto-group guys that have met me in real life... (if they say anything negative its all a big lie!)

13. HAVE FUN WITH IT! The internet is both a place of learning and a playground, really, its just one big social experiment, and you can either be the mouse or the scientist.

05-21-2009, 11:30 PM   #20
Damn Brit

I think the beer and popcorn could be coming out for this thread. Let's have some fun guys.
05-22-2009, 04:50 AM   #21
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I think there is only room for one Gooshin. As it would seem.

Gruoso; I'm not sure 'sick' is the right word. Sure, the list itself suggests a serious net addict, but the points that are made are completely valid.
05-22-2009, 05:55 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Gruso is just angry that he didnt come up with that list.

Also, why is there a notion that someone addicted to the internet, "has no life"?

besides, the only reason i'm on so often is because i have internet access at work...

05-22-2009, 06:37 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
besides, the only reason i'm on so often is because i have internet access at work...
That's why I thought you were dead for the past few weeks. You're job must be in IT, or some similarly undemanding profession.

12. ALWAYS REMEMBER that how a person is like on the forums is totally different than how they are in real life, you can ask any of toronto-group guys that have met me in real life... (if they say anything negative its all a big lie!)
Yep, I can attest that Gooshin is exactly the same in person as he is on the internet, right down to the smirk!

Okay, there is one minor difference: he can actually sound intelligent when he isn't typing!
05-22-2009, 06:43 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
Hey pingflood, looking for someone to take care of that 10D for you for a while?
For $175 you can rent it forever!
05-22-2009, 07:10 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
For $175 you can rent it forever!
K10D for $175?

At any rate, it sounds like you need to get a camera of some sort and get back out there and do some shooting. Spending too much time away from a camera can bring on withdrawal symptoms that will absolutely make you crazy!

If there's any way you can scratch up $225+shipping, Dumrox has a DL body + kit lens for sale in the Marketplace.

HTH,
Heather
05-22-2009, 07:23 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
K10D for $175?

At any rate, it sounds like you need to get a camera of some sort and get back out there and do some shooting. Spending too much time away from a camera can bring on withdrawal symptoms that will absolutely make you crazy!

If there's any way you can scratch up $225+shipping, Dumrox has a DL body + kit lens for sale in the Marketplace.

HTH,
Heather
10D, not K10D!

I did see Wolf/Ritz clearancing a new K110 with kit lens for $200 locally. Not a bad deal!
05-22-2009, 07:44 AM   #27
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gruoso (In response to Gooshin's List) Quote
Are you even close to be aware of how sick your list is? It is a downright list to "Get a life book"
I thought all 13 points were pretty sound advice. I'm learning (slowly ) to pay particular attention to #s 3 & 4.
05-22-2009, 07:59 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Ah yes, the Internet. Such a marvellous jungle. I adore baiting fanboys. Usually those from the Apple camp, because they always fall for trolling. Canonites come a close second.
05-22-2009, 08:16 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Ah yes, the Internet. Such a marvellous jungle. I adore baiting fanboys. Usually those from the Apple camp, because they always fall for trolling. Canonites come a close second.
I don't know, Pentaxians are pretty good material too You go to the Canon forums and say Pentax rules and you'll be mostly ignored, do the opposite here and you'll have a 20 page flamefest.
05-22-2009, 08:52 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Someone give that man a camera! *rummaging around here.*

I haven't got much here that's ready to go, but there's a couple of fairly nice little Canons here: film rangefinder (like a Canonet 28 with a popup flash) and an early AF model point and shoot with a good fast lens: I think the only thing wrong with it is a blown flash tube...

Seems there's always some cheap Spotties and ME Supers around, too?
Closed Thread