Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
05-22-2009, 09:48 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I come to the internet to learn

(And flame, bait, argue, and talk shit Never a dull moment.)

05-22-2009, 09:57 AM   #32
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

It's not a matter of life and death; it's more important than that! It's the internet!!!
05-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
I don't know, Pentaxians are pretty good material too You go to the Canon forums and say Pentax rules and you'll be mostly ignored, do the opposite here and you'll have a 20 page flamefest.
Good point. I am oblivious to such threads because I tag those people as trolls or simply ignorant people. Or measurebators. Or really really bored.
05-22-2009, 12:24 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
I come to the internet to learn

You could learn more than you bargain for, here. Not necessarily about the official topic. Just, it's only what people type.

I think a big part of the problem is, it's almost, but not quite, fulfilling some need for social interaction we all need and instinctually figure is important. But it's really never enough, and people get all wound up trying to *make* it be enough.

I'm always asking myself how much of it is ostensibly keeping me sane while way-too housebound, (I'm a very restless person who only gets so much walking-around time before pain sets in,) and how much of it is actually helping keep me housebound.

It means people talk to each other, and this has really good points. It also tends to mean we don't really seek out the face-time that doesn't have to be about words or agreeing with people or whatever.... which the Internet kind of makes very important.

05-22-2009, 02:04 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Someone give that man a camera! *rummaging around here.*

I haven't got much here that's ready to go, but there's a couple of fairly nice little Canons here: film rangefinder (like a Canonet 28 with a popup flash) and an early AF model point and shoot with a good fast lens: I think the only thing wrong with it is a blown flash tube...

Seems there's always some cheap Spotties and ME Supers around, too?
In a previous self-indulgent thread he indicated he didn't want anything like that. He doesn't want a camera or a solution half so much as he wants attention and sympathy. Even this current plea to help him get over his drama queen problem is just another manifestation of drama queenery. And we engage him in it....
05-22-2009, 03:14 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Holy Cr*p!

What happened to Gooshin? Did Russia's Hockey win leave him with a compassionate streak?

If this continues, the huggy feel good Gooshin will really freak me out.

jct us101

Part of being a student is to be poor. It builds character.

Do you like to take photos, or do you like having a cool camera. Figure this out first. They are two different things.
05-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have you ever stopped to consider what you did with your time before the internet?.....now thats scary!! (for those of us old enough to rmember a time without the internet).

Now thats depressing. To think that there are some here that can not / could not contemplate life without the internet...

And as for being harsh on Wheatfield.....how else would any self respecting Saskatchewan greet you? think yourself lucky he's only wrapping your nuts in rusty barbed wire.....could be brand new, very shiny and very very sharp barb wire.....now THAT takes some very gentle un-wrapping

All I can say (stuffing handful of popcorn into mouth) is: Wheatfield, Gooshin, ftp etc etc etc is dont change....for gods sake ...dont change., we love ya just the way you are.

And I guess therein lies the message for our young friend jct101, just be yourself mate, dont try and copy, dont try and imitate, just be yourself.
Cheers
Grant

Last edited by Mallee Boy; 05-22-2009 at 04:11 PM. Reason: spulling
05-22-2009, 04:13 PM   #38
mel
Veteran Member

I love this forum. You all are just hilariously awesome.
05-22-2009, 04:19 PM   #39
Veteran Member

I think we need a group hug!

mel: just noticed the IIIF in your sig -- what lens(es) do you use with it if you don't mind me asking? I have a IIF and the Summar is glued to it though I have a Summitar floating around too. Lovely cameras aren't they?
05-22-2009, 04:30 PM   #40
mel
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
I think we need a group hug!

mel: just noticed the IIIF in your sig -- what lens(es) do you use with it if you don't mind me asking? I have a IIF and the Summar is glued to it though I have a Summitar floating around too. Lovely cameras aren't they?
Group hug!!!

(and forgive me for going off topic here) I just have the Summitar is all. It was my dad's, bought by his brother in France in the 50s. I recently bummed it from my dad. I'm trying to run film through it to see how it's working but not having much luck so far. I think the 1/1000 and the 1/500 shutter is off because I get nothing. Going to run a roll through at 1/250 and see what I get at Monticello tomorrow. I have an Metraphot selenium light meter that still works (tested against my K1000) along with the extra little attachment for low light. It's seriously labor intensive photography but fun. If I can get it to work that is. I think I need to have some work done on it. But the thing is truly a piece of art.

Okay. Done. Back to solving the drama queen issue.
05-22-2009, 05:58 PM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
Holy Cr*p!

What happened to Gooshin? Did Russia's Hockey win leave him with a compassionate streak?

If this continues, the huggy feel good Gooshin will really freak me out.

jct us101

Part of being a student is to be poor. It builds character.

Do you like to take photos, or do you like having a cool camera. Figure this out first. They are two different things.
nothing happened to me, maybe you're just getting used to me :ugh:

although i did get out of a relationship that just didnt feel right.. maybe the liberation of being single again made me less antsy.

and remember, i only get cranky when people say stupid shit...

like that post from awhile ago, where a guy asked.. "my camera strap gets in the way... how do you make it so the strap cant get in the way.." ROFLAMO!!!

Last edited by Gooshin; 05-22-2009 at 06:12 PM.
05-22-2009, 06:07 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
Have you ever stopped to consider what you did with your time before the internet?.....now thats scary!! (for those of us old enough to rmember a time without the internet).
before the internet i had a super nintendo

before a super nintendo i had a nintendo

and before nintendo i had a pencil and paper..

and before that... i think i had lego, or the russian version of lego.. (insert chernobyl potato or other joke)

Last edited by Gooshin; 05-22-2009 at 06:13 PM.
05-22-2009, 06:51 PM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
before the internet i had a super nintendo

before a super nintendo i had a nintendo

and before nintendo i had a pencil and paper..

and before that... i think i had lego, or the russian version of lego.. (insert chernobyl potato or other joke)
hmmm....I gotta start at the pencil & paper...plus I had an Astor transistor radio, now that was cool!! ... and my pony.
05-22-2009, 10:16 PM   #44
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
In a previous self-indulgent thread he indicated he didn't want anything like that. He doesn't want a camera or a solution half so much as he wants attention and sympathy. Even this current plea to help him get over his drama queen problem is just another manifestation of drama queenery. And we engage him in it....
Including you apparently Mike.
05-22-2009, 10:35 PM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
and remember, i only get cranky when people say stupid shit...

like that post from awhile ago, where a guy asked.. "my camera strap gets in the way... how do you make it so the strap cant get in the way.." ROFLAMO!!!
Oh man that was one of the funniest things ever .
Closed Thread