Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2006, 10:34 PM   #1
Inactive Account

slow?

Any idea why this forum is so slow? There only seems to be a handfull of new posts a day. At any given time I see at least 7 people online. Is there another more popular site that people hang out at?

Perhaps things will pick up after the k10d hits the shelves.

10-31-2006, 10:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This sites only about a month old, and Google / Yahoo (the 2 biggest search engines) won't show it yet.
Personally I think that it's doing really good for it's age.

I might be wrong, but I don't think that the members on-line counter is working right (I've noticed the same thing as you have)
There are other camera related forums, but I don't know if I should mention the other one that I'm on (out of respect to the board owners)
11-01-2006, 07:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Like little laker said, it's a new forum. We already have over 400 members, so I think it's growing pretty fast. Hopefully more of the new members will start posting!
11-01-2006, 08:34 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I found this site via google.

11-01-2006, 09:14 AM   #5
Veteran Member

That's impressive, they usually take their time to discover new sites.

One of my sites took 6+ months, and when they finally found it it was in their top 10 (for that category)
11-01-2006, 10:05 AM   #6

Since the group is new, there could be lots of member like myself. Initially I read until I feel comfortable enough to post - then try and decided if I actually have anything to contribute Personally, I like the style and set-up here. I read some huge forums occasionally, but I'm not willing to get cut off at the knees if I accidently mis-speak or don't/can't follow the strict photography lingo. I feel pretty darn confident that won't happen here.

A quick search of "Pentax forums" should get you to at least one monster sized forum pretty quickly!
11-01-2006, 02:26 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
This sites only about a month old, and Google / Yahoo (the 2 biggest search engines) won't show it yet.
Personally I think that it's doing really good for it's age.

I might be wrong, but I don't think that the members on-line counter is working right (I've noticed the same thing as you have)
There are other camera related forums, but I don't know if I should mention the other one that I'm on (out of respect to the board owners)
This is actually a nice topic to talk about

The site is actually #1 on Google if you search for Pentax DSLR Discussion or Pentax DSLR FAQ! See for yourself: pentax dslr discussion - Google Search

The users online counter is working fine- it shows online users for the last 30 minutes. I've spent lots of time (and money, frankly) to get this site perfected, so now, everything should be going uphill: my only goal is to make this the most friendly and useful Pentax resource on the web.

The thing is that all new sites grow slowly. We're 7 weeks old, and I haven't spent time advertising on other sites or purchasing ads, as I don't believe that that's the right thing to do. If you want to see our community grow faster, however, it wouldn't help to tell/e-mail your friends about PentaxForums.

However, this is the only full-scale Pentax-dedicated forum (in English) on the web. In about a year, it'll be monser sized- trust me! I already think that its growth rate is above average, though.

We get about 100 unique logins and 100 posts every day, and that's really not bad for such a new site. As for guests- we get about 5,000 daily.

As you may have noticed, I purchased and installed vB SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for our board last week, so that should get us listed with even more google keywords- see here for details: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/latest-board-news/563-vbseo-installed.html

Later today, I'll post some formal statistics

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-01-2006, 02:40 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Mo the site is doing very well from this side of the computer. With starting from money out of your pocket and your time (priceless) you should be proud.
11-01-2006, 09:13 PM   #9
Veteran Member

This forum is strictly pentax and it is well classified with meaningful inputs rather than strolls invading into the forum.

A friendly section of pot your pic really makes my day. Looking into pbase is not as fun as just looking at pentax shots of various nature from diverse pentax photographers.

Love this forum