Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2009, 08:24 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sincere condolences Gary, losing a pet is hard. I've done it several times and there is nothing I can say that will make it any easier, but know that my thought are with you and Jess and Goldie.

NaCl(losing a member of the family is always hard)H2O

05-25-2009, 08:53 AM   #17
Veteran Member

05-25-2009, 02:11 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I echo the sentiments here - sorry to hear Gary, a true sense of loss.
05-25-2009, 04:52 PM   #19
Damn Brit

Thank you so much to all of you for your kind words,they really helped.
It broke our hearts when we brought Alfie home so that Goldie could say goodbye to him.
I laid Alfie in the bottom of the cage and Goldie jumped down and started nudging Alfie and preening him, trying to get him to move.
We have been giving Goldie extra attention and he seems to be doing ok on his own. Luckily he has another bird, Cuddles (a cockatoo) in a cage next to him so he isn't lacking for company.
It's going to be hard for a while, getting used to seeing only one bird in the cage and Alfie loved to whistle so it's quieter than usual. Maybe in a couple of months, we'll get a new friend for Goldie if we think he needs one.

Thanks again to everyone.

Jess and Gary