Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2009, 12:32 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Terminator: Salvation-awesome movie

Ignore the critics. I just saw the movie and it was awesome. I have no idea why rotten tomatoes has it in the 30% rate and Star Trek at 90%+. IMO, ST is 10/10 and this a 9.5/10.

05-24-2009, 03:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
Ignore the critics. I just saw the movie and it was awesome. I have no idea why rotten tomatoes has it in the 30% rate and Star Trek at 90%+. IMO, ST is 10/10 and this a 9.5/10.

That's good to hear. I really want to see it but all the bad reviews is making me think twice. Still I don't know if you can have a bad terminator movie. I just hope this one won't "Bale" in comparison.
05-24-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxtic Quote
That's good to hear. I really want to see it but all the bad reviews is making me think twice. Still I don't know if you can have a bad terminator movie. I just hope this one won't "Bale" in comparison.

See, I wasn't comparing this to the older versions, in fact to me not having Arnie is no big deal (but, my wife who was not interested in it because of Arnie's absence also enjoyed the movie...so, it should be fine for Arnie fans as well). So, I would advice to watch it just as another action movie...I think nothing can replace the original Terminator. Having read the reviews, I went with no expectations, and was pleasantly surprised.

Baler is just Connor and not the terminator, so he did very well....

I will definitely buy the DVD and watch it again....
05-24-2009, 07:55 PM   #4
Veteran Member

My wife and I just came back from seeing Terminator Salvation. I thought it was pretty good but lacking in some areas. Overall not a bad see in the theaters. I would recommend it.

I've seen three movies thus far this summer and I would rate them in this way

1. Star Trek - absolutely awesome remake and can't wait to see where they will take the franchise.

2. X-Men Orgins: Wolverine - once again a great reboot to the franchise (thank god it was better then the last movie)

3. Terminator Salvation - It was pretty much what I expected. It was great to see Bale as John Conner and I hope he will be in the rest of the movies.

Can't wait for Transformers in June and Harry Potter in July. I'm also going to see Night at the Museum 2 when I get a chance and I want to go see Star Trek again before it comes off the big screen.

05-24-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I didn't get it.

I theater hopped over to Star Trek to get my money's worth.
05-25-2009, 10:58 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I hate movies with politicians in them.
05-25-2009, 11:38 AM   #7
Veteran Member

your clothes

give them to me

now

05-25-2009, 11:52 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I liked ST will check X-men and terminator
05-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Likeness for movies is very subjective indeed. I also found ST to be superb. Recent movies and their ranking for me are

Star Trek 9/10 (don't want to give a perfect 10 here...)
Terminator 8/10
X-men-wolverine 7.5/10 (My least favorite X-men)
Angels and Demons (7/10)
05-25-2009, 11:03 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I went in with no expectations, despite it's shortcomings I'd say it's a pretty good movie =) Just treat it as an action movie and you'll enjoy it.

I do with that they spend more time on either hero rather than focusing on both though. They also could make two movies that way!