Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2009, 11:17 AM   #31
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
But this was in regard to Indian call centers.
We must first and foremost put ourselves to work before any others. When Americans are employed it trickles down to other countries.

The same can be said of Canadians or any other country. You make what you need inhouse first then sell the overstock. What you CAN"T make you farm out.

We don't make much anymore. And it shows.

06-04-2009, 01:39 PM   #32
Veteran Member

you talk about job loss, but how many americans actually want to do all the stuff that is currently being done in call centres or chinese factories, answering bitchy people or making junk for peanuts.
06-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #33
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
you talk about job loss, but how many americans actually want to do all the stuff that is currently being done in call centres or chinese factories, answering bitchy people or making junk for peanuts.
Well we could put those who are collecting welfare there. Or we could use them on farms. Actually make them work for their check. and if they receive any government assistance they should be checked for drug use before they could get the check at any rate. Private employees get random screening why not those taking money out of my pocket.

Had a buddy who worked in a call center here in Tampa. lost his job when they outsourced to india.
06-04-2009, 06:58 PM   #34
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here is the way the Red Chinese government is celebrating the 20th anniversary of Tiananmen Square.

Police swarm Tiananmen Square on anniversary - Yahoo! News

06-04-2009, 07:11 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Come on China advanced because the US wanted cheap product. And China has cheap labor. The technology was bought/stolen not researched and implemented.

India does well because again of the cheap labor for call centers. I ask if the person is physically in the US. If not I complain. As for the call centers that solicit if they have an acccent I again ask where they are calling from. Not the US I tell them to inform there client that I will never respond in any way until they use US employees.
Even if this was the full reason why they are developing so much now, realize that developed countries like Japan, Korea, and even Taiwan now started this way too. They made cheap products for others, and then learned to make them even better on their own.
06-04-2009, 08:10 PM   #36
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by krypticide Quote
Even if this was the full reason why they are developing so much now, realize that developed countries like Japan, Korea, and even Taiwan now started this way too. They made cheap products for others, and then learned to make them even better on their own.
Taiwan, Japan and South Korea aren't communist and are free countries. North Korea and Red China are not free.
06-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #37
Damn Brit

As for "competent". Most are reading a script. Or the same manual I have. Dude, if it was in the manual I wouldn't be calling the help line.
So don't buy services/products from American companies that shed their American workforce and outsource overseas so they can make even more greedy profits.
If you shop with Amazon - Indian call centres. Got credit cards? - Indian call centres, got
satellite or cable? - Indian call centres probably, got a computer? - probably Indian call centres.
Things aren't going to change just by bitching and refusing to talk to these people who are just doing their job while employed by an American company. If you want to speak to an American, first you have to boycott those American companies. Then when these American companies see the error of their ways and beg you to use their products and services because they are sorry and have now reopened call centres in America so that you can talk to an American who is reading from a script and has the same manual as you and isn't anywhere near as polite as those horrible Indian people, you can get a new computer or credit card or something nice from Amazon or Satellite or cable and you'll be so happy.
BTW, your happiness will come at a lot higher price but at least you got to talk to an American.

06-05-2009, 01:51 AM   #38
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by KrisK10D Quote
Come back to Australia, fractal. It's not that bad
I totally agree with you. Actually, I will be back in 5 days. Looking forward to some peace and quiet, clean air, seeing my old folks/friends and getting on my motorbike and taking it for a good ride without having to worry about maniac drivers. I’m a truck driver in Melbourne and I would have had a mental break down by now if I was driving a truck here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Here is the way the Red Chinese government is celebrating the 20th anniversary of Tiananmen Square.

Police swarm Tiananmen Square on anniversary - Yahoo! News
I did read that and although Western reports of 'the way things are done' in this country are usually terribly one sided, I don't think there is any denying the nature of that exercise.

Although I took the trouble to start this thread to generally criticize the Chinese government, I will miss this country dearly. The pace of this country is fast and the structure of the language is about as blunt as a banana. But coming from something so different it is always pretty interesting.

As for the Indians.. I think they just like to chat. Instead of exporting all kinds of cheap multi-function gadgets like China does, they export talk. That is their niche as it would seem. So China is the workshop of the world & India is the call-centre headquarters of the world.. it seems to fit nicely. If you don't like talking to Indians on the phone then you might as well try to avoid buying any more Chinese products.
06-05-2009, 07:52 AM   #39
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
So don't buy services/products from American companies that shed their American workforce and outsource overseas so they can make even more greedy profits.
If you shop with Amazon - Indian call centres. Got credit cards? - Indian call centres, got
satellite or cable? - Indian call centres probably, got a computer? - probably Indian call centres.
Things aren't going to change just by bitching and refusing to talk to these people who are just doing their job while employed by an American company. If you want to speak to an American, first you have to boycott those American companies. Then when these American companies see the error of their ways and beg you to use their products and services because they are sorry and have now reopened call centres in America so that you can talk to an American who is reading from a script and has the same manual as you and isn't anywhere near as polite as those horrible Indian people, you can get a new computer or credit card or something nice from Amazon or Satellite or cable and you'll be so happy.
BTW, your happiness will come at a lot higher price but at least you got to talk to an American.
Well Gary I don't have a credit card. The call centers for my machines here at work are in Melbourne FL. And I've placed complaints with Xerox about their call centers. I do all I can to keep it American but I know it's a lost cause. Most of the American populace has no idea how expensive those "cheap" goods really are.

With all that being said, if I didn't live in the US I would buy products first from the country I lived in. I firmly believe in supporting your home world first.
06-05-2009, 08:09 AM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Taiwan, Japan and South Korea aren't communist and are free countries.
the issue is that they did not start as free countries... economy comes first - freedoms come second...
06-05-2009, 08:15 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Well we could put those who are collecting welfare there. Or we could use them on farms. Actually make them work for their check. and if they receive any government assistance they should be checked for drug use before they could get the check at any rate. Private employees get random screening why not those taking money out of my pocket.
don't you think that THEY (THOSE, THEM) soon will put YOU somewhere ? they can vote remember, so one day they will vote you out on the farm, so pray that it will not be done Kampuchea-style
06-05-2009, 08:38 AM   #42
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
the issue is that they did not start as free countries... economy comes first - freedoms come second...
That's not true. South Korea exists because the north was taken and held by communist forces. Japan is free because the Imperial government was overthrown by force. Taiwan is the remnant of pre-Communist China.

Edit: I suggest some light reading on this beginning with the Declaration of Independence since the 4th of July is coming up. Economics is one of the things that got King George III's tits in the ringer with Sam Adams, John Hancock and company. Furthermore, rights don't come from government. Government can only take or regulate rights.
06-05-2009, 08:56 AM   #43
Inactive Account

Original Poster
graphicgr8s: If the U.S. offered better products then, yeah, sure. The Chinese can usually offer better products for cheaper though. And no doubt that is also the same case with Australia. Although i'd like to think that this contribution actually makes it to someone who really needs it.. it's not how it works.

Would you buy an inferior product simply because it was American made?
06-05-2009, 09:14 AM   #44
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by fractal Quote
graphicgr8s: If the U.S. offered better products then, yeah, sure. The Chinese can usually offer better products for cheaper though. And no doubt that is also the same case with Australia. Although i'd like to think that this contribution actually makes it to someone who really needs it.. it's not how it works.

Would you buy an inferior product simply because it was American made?
Chinese product better? I don't think so. At least not from the mainland. My Snapons, Macs and even the Craftsman tools I buy that are made in the US along with all my pneumatics are vastly superior to anything coming out of China. Same goes for most of the other tools I own
06-05-2009, 09:31 AM   #45
Inactive Account

Original Poster
You are talking about tools.. I am sure they are better made.

More than tools come out of China. Please note i said 'usually'.

There is a vital chain here though.. the people in the factory make the product for cheap.. the people buy it for cheap and then there is thousands & thousands or millions, (for all i know), of jobs that it takes to fix these cheap products. Chinese people are mostly very good at fixing things due to the poor products the country turns out. But we in the West get a different version to what they get here. There is the home quality and the export quality.
Closed Thread