Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2009, 09:04 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Is Ritz closeout sale over?

Can anyone tell me if ritz camera has closed shop wherever they intended to?

06-02-2009, 09:10 AM   #2

Ritz Closing

The stores that are closing in south Florida are now history. In fact, the left over merchandise was turned over to an auction company last week and was sold to the highest bidder.

An interesting aside -- the people at the auction actually paid more for the remaining merchandise than they could have bought items at the stores during the closing sales. I attended for a while but bought nothing.
06-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
An interesting aside -- the people at the auction actually paid more for the remaining merchandise than they could have bought items at the stores during the closing sales. I attended for a while but bought nothing.
Wow! that is very interesting. Thanks for the info.
06-02-2009, 09:14 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I think at least one of the stores in the TC area here have closed down already. I've seen a liquidator ad showing discounted Quantaray stuff for "sale." With Sale = the closeout prices so there is no dicernable price difference as of right now.

06-02-2009, 09:43 AM   #5
Forum Member

All the one's here in Central Florida are gone. It was nice while it lasted.

Some various finds:
* - $40 K10D battery grip
* - $13 Sigma 28-80mm Macro lens (or something close to that...they had a mountain of the stupid things)
* - $15 Eneloop set with hard storage case, charger, batteries, and adapters
* - Various filters for $1 a pop. A ghetto video camera bracket for $3
* - Almost got a 360 Flash for $60 until they realized someone accidentally wrote $60 on it instead of 60% off.

Unfortunately they never really had any lighting equipment or quality tripods on clearance, which is what I was looking for, but they had some real bargains.
06-02-2009, 09:50 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ProppaT Quote
Almost got a 360 Flash for $60 until they realized someone accidentally wrote $60 on it instead of 60% off.

Unfortunately they never really had any lighting equipment or quality tripods on clearance, which is what I was looking for, but they had some real bargains.
If that where in a walmart store, they would have given it to you at that price since they made the mistake and should give it to you for the price that was marked on it.
Too bad it wasn't walmart!
06-02-2009, 10:36 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
- $40 K10D battery grip
I am kicking myself for having missed the sale. I saw a big list of states with ritz closeout sales and did not find ohio in there (or I must have overlooked) and stayed put. Today I saw the place shuttered. Well, just my luck.

06-02-2009, 11:01 AM   #8
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mccarvindh Quote
I am kicking myself for having missed the sale. I saw a big list of states with ritz closeout sales and did not find ohio in there (or I must have overlooked) and stayed put. Today I saw the place shuttered. Well, just my luck.
If its any consolation, all the stuff I bought was bought across 4 different Ritz stores. It was a crapshoot finding anything worth even bothering with. I'm still wishing I would have found another battery grip. I sold it to my friend for the price I paid. I told her to consider the bargain her birthday present . I'm getting ready to upgrade to a K10D or K20D and it would have been nice to have.
06-02-2009, 12:00 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
If its any consolation, all the stuff I bought was bought across 4 different Ritz stores. It was a crapshoot finding anything worth even bothering with. I'm still wishing I would have found another battery grip. I sold it to my friend for the price I paid. I told her to consider the bargain her birthday present . I'm getting ready to upgrade to a K10D or K20D and it would have been nice to have.
Thank you! Yes, I am sure I wouldnt have found anything I actually needed.
06-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Well, even stores that are not closing seem to be doing a good deal of housekeeping. One of the Annapolis, MD stores that is staying open had K110D with kit lens for $200 and K100DSuper for $175 - all NIB, not off the shelf. Those two were enough to get me back to Pentax and take a break from Nikon. Just can't beat the K110D with the kit lens and a 50/f2 A for $25 to take on trips - and it gets back to the basics. I think my daughter will end up with the K110D and 50mm as a starter - about as close as you can get in DSLR to the old K1000 student outfits.

Cheers
06-03-2009, 12:01 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Can you say..."going out of business"?