Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2009, 06:44 AM   #1
graphicgr8s

Apology

Well The Obama is doing the Apology Tour Part Deaux

I think he should apologize for the Muslim women who are treated so unfair. For the lack of human rights in most arab countries, for the US liberating Kuwaiti muslims from Saddam's wrath, for liberating Iraqi's from Saddam, for defending those countries that couldn't do it for themselves, for pretty much driving the world economy through some of the best times in our lifetimes. That's what he should be apologizing for.

06-05-2009, 08:19 AM   #2
and
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
hah, what, did all the replies to this thread get deleted... or was I just seeing things
06-05-2009, 08:21 AM   #3
Banned

they were deleted. I personally got a warning for my rebuttal against gooshins name calling.
06-05-2009, 08:25 AM   #4
Igilligan

What....?

They delete the fish, but leave the bait on the hook?

Some kind of a Darwinian 'Catch and Release'

06-05-2009, 08:27 AM   #5
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
They delete the fish, but leave the bait on the hook?

Some kind of a Darwinian 'Catch and Release'
that's an interesting way of looking at it.
06-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #6
emr

I have three wishes for Christmas:

1) Political topics would be banned in the forum
2) The Ignore function would not show topics started by members on the Ignore List
3) The Ignore function would not show posts by members on the Ignore List even if they are quoted.

Thanks, Santa.

EDIT: Gus, #3 does not mean you even though your post is the only one quoted in this thread.
06-05-2009, 10:07 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Well The Obama is doing the Apology Tour Part Deaux

I think he should apologize for the Muslim women who are treated so unfair. For the lack of human rights in most arab countries, for the US liberating Kuwaiti muslims from Saddam's wrath, for liberating Iraqi's from Saddam, for defending those countries that couldn't do it for themselves, for pretty much driving the world economy through some of the best times in our lifetimes. That's what he should be apologizing for.
And all in the name of OIL. I'd be ok with letting countries duke it out. Oh well.
QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote

2) The Ignore function would not show topics started by members on the Ignore List
3) The Ignore function would not show posts by members on the Ignore List even if they are quoted.

Thanks, Santa.

EDIT: Gus, #3 does not mean you even though your post is the only one quoted in this thread.
I'd like 90% of the threads in the Lens forum to not be made or locked or deleted. This is a very little-moderated forum in general (which I like)...so if I don't like a thread title, I don't click into it. Also hovering my mouse over the thread link lets me see the first 3 lines or so of that thread. Saves sooooooo much time
06-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #8
Pentaxian

My old Usenet newsreader gave me the option of not displaying threads with terms I chose in the subject line.
For example I included "Leica" and didn't have to wade through the Leicaphile threads I was not interested in.
Perhaps this forum could add the ability to use similar filters. Then I wouldn't need such a large Ignore list...

Chris

06-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #9

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote

Thanks, Santa.

I agree! This is a world wide Pentax camera forum - PERIOD. If I want to read political crap, I can use Google.

If Obama (or any other political leader) says he is going to buy a Pentax, use a Pentax, or sell a Pentax, then by all means, post it. Otherwise, take it someplace else.
06-05-2009, 01:55 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
I agree! This is a world wide Pentax camera forum - PERIOD. If I want to read political crap, I can use Google.

If Obama (or any other political leader) says he is going to buy a Pentax, use a Pentax, or sell a Pentax, then by all means, post it. Otherwise, take it someplace else.
the general talk section makes up 5% of all posts on pentaxforums.com, with an even smaller fraction dedicated to political and or religious debates, seriously, you care why?
06-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #11
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
the general talk section makes up 5% of all posts on pentaxforums.com, with an even smaller fraction dedicated to political and or religious debates, seriously, you care why?
the amount of really good political discussion and learning opportunities far outweighs the amount of childlike behavior and arguing. I agree, why even care? its not like one doesn't have the option of simply ignoring threads that do not interest them.
06-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #12

Because it's my right. You have a problem with that?
06-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Uhoh......
06-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Because it's my right. You have a problem with that?
its a private forum, so no, you have no rights
06-06-2009, 05:51 AM   #15

its a private forum, so no, you have no rights
Not true! I have every right Adam gives me.