Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2007, 03:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member
photo_mom's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 545
How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

Probably old, but this was the first time I'd seen it. Photo_dad sent it to me from one of his plane forums.

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

04-26-2007, 03:45 PM   #2
Inactive Account




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Posts: 810
Yes it is old. DOesn't matter. I laughed just as much as when I saw it the first time. Highlights...
.
.
.
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
.
.
.
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

The last one just as one thought it was over...

thank you Tracy,
04-26-2007, 03:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member
photo_mom's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 545
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonas B Quote
Yes it is old. DOesn't matter. I laughed just as much as when I saw it the first time. Highlights...
.
.
.
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
.
.
.
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

The last one just as one thought it was over...

thank you Tracy,
Glad you got a giggle from it, Jonas! Photo_dad said that one of the replies in the thread where he got it was

"Newbie here - what's a lightbulb!"
04-26-2007, 03:55 PM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,713
Question.... How many divorced men does it take to change a light bulb?






























Answer...... No One Knows, They never get the house so they never have a chance to find out

04-26-2007, 04:37 PM   #5
Veteran Member
photo_mom's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 545
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Question.... How many divorced men does it take to change a light bulb?






























Answer...... No One Knows, They never get the house so they never have a chance to find out
Hi Little Laker! That one is great. Thanks for another giggle!
04-26-2007, 06:01 PM   #6
Forum Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 99
This post is great. I'm going to bump it again in, oh, about six months!

04-26-2007, 06:07 PM   #7
Pentaxian
khardur's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW Massachusetts
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,522
LOL - very funny - going to have to print and share this one...
04-26-2007, 06:13 PM   #8
Veteran Member
jthommo's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canberra, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 339
QuoteOriginally posted by photo_mom Quote
Probably old, but this was the first time I'd seen it. Photo_dad sent it to me from one of his plane forums.

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.
Isn't this a photography forum?


































04-26-2007, 07:08 PM   #9
Veteran Member
FotoPete's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,711
What do the 360FGZ, 540FGZ, EF500 DG, Vivitar 283, Sunpak 333, Metcatz w/e w/e etc..all have in common?

...
04-27-2007, 05:38 AM   #10
Veteran Member
vievetrick's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Easthampton - Massachusetts - USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,175
Tracy, I never read this one before. Thans for the Friday morning laugh.
04-28-2007, 04:08 AM   #11
Veteran Member
roentarre's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 11,794
This is really funny, Tracy. A great sense of humour. This summarises the forum very well, especially for the last few months.
04-28-2007, 04:50 AM   #12
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 668
Wait, wait!
QuoteOriginally posted by photo_mom Quote
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.
1 forum regular to call the lurker a necro.
1 moderator to lock the thread.
Fixed.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bulb, bulbs, change, forum, industry, light, move, post, posts
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello there forum members photognu Welcomes and Introductions 3 12-14-2009 05:40 PM
News A Request for Forum Members Adam Site Suggestions and Help 21 10-28-2009 06:22 PM
How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb? Gooshin General Talk 24 12-02-2008 08:29 AM
Geographic distribution of Forum members. Damn Brit Site Suggestions and Help 4 05-02-2008 08:42 PM
For UK Forum Members skamaraju Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 04-12-2007 02:38 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:36 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top