Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2009, 09:08 AM   #61
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
When did we start taking Rev. Wright as representative of 50% of "liberals"?

Seriously... are you endorsing the idea that 100% of liberals are anti-semitic, and 50% of those are antisemitic because of delusional Zionist fantasies?

I mean, I get the idea of hyperbole, but something tells me Bailey's not entirely joking.
No where did I say I was endorsing that. However, Slomo likes to put the full court press on the conservatives. I would guess you are correct about Bailey not entirely joking. But he can back up what he says. BHO sat in Wright's church for 20 years, and was considered close until a little over a year ago.

However, the point I'm making is the von Brunn is no one's fault. This guy pulled a similar stunt only was caught back in '81. That was long before talk radio got big or even the cable news channels were big. Why can't Air America make it commercially? But that is a separate issue. The fact is, Bailey made a pretty good list about the people von Brunn didn't like and I guarantee you that I'm one of the people von Brunn doesn't like.

Edit: As a matter of fact, I can't imagine this von brunn guy liking many people. However, if you forget that he is a white supremist, he sounds a lot like Rev, Jeremiah Wright.

06-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #62
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by slomojoe Quote
Well, clearly the "rant" definition is in the eye (or the ear, in this case) of the beholder. As for "frequent", unlike you I can't survey the entire Limbaugh opus for the past year or so (nor, honeslty, i have any inclination to), but what I showed is a) obviously more than "ever", b) clearly not an isolated instance and c) certainly for a long enough time to establish a firm belief.

But be that as it may, the frequency itself is irrelevant: the plain fact is that, like many other right-wing talking heads, Rush has endorsed the "missing birth certificate" conspiracy, which is a major issue for the whackjobs out there seeking justification for their fantasy scenarios of "armed resistance against an illegitimate government". By all appearances, it was for von Brunn.
Slo, I didn't want to "quote" your post about Rush so I did this one. Unlike Mike I rarely/almost never listen to him. I can't take his show for more than a few minutes at a time. Thing of it is what you posted is truth. It kinda defeats your liberalistic point dude.

Oh yeah. Levin is Jewish. For the record.