Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I hope James W. von Brunn wasn't a Pentaxian...

I understand the twisted sob was very active on the web. I sure hope he didn't own a Pentax and wasn't a PentaxForums member (or NAM member, or Club202 member, etc...) who I interacted with. Often wonder about the 'who' behind the anonymity of everyone I interchange with on the web.

06-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

what?

lol

errmmm

edit: google clarified it for me

carry on...
06-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Poor Americans can't go out in the street or go to museums without getting shot.

It's true, I'm afraid. I've seen numerous news reports of people going bananas and shooting people wherever they happen to be at the time... all on US soil. Not nice.

*Edited because it was 2 AM and I was sleepy and I had a really bad day. I apologize*

Last edited by ftpaddict; 06-11-2009 at 12:37 AM. Reason: I should have gone to bed instead.
06-10-2009, 03:44 PM   #4
m8o
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I want to agree with everything you say, if, the use of "fairytales" is nothing more than an unfortunate accident in an attempt at using colorful language, rather than a real but veiled intent in calling the place the shooting was at, one that tells fairytales.

06-10-2009, 03:46 PM   #5
Veteran Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxvunbIWNyI

hmm.
06-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #6
Veteran Member

And it seems like yesterday that conservatives had their panties all in a bunch about the FBI report that warned against the rising risk of right-wing terrorism...

Now we had two instances in so many weeks that perfectly fit that profile, and the murderer of Dr. Tiller has stated he knows of more terrorist attacks planned against abortion providers. Where are Beck and Limbaugh now?
06-10-2009, 04:38 PM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slomojoe Quote
And it seems like yesterday that conservatives had their panties all in a bunch about the FBI report that warned against the rising risk of right-wing terrorism...

Now we had two instances in so many weeks that perfectly fit that profile, and the murderer of Dr. Tiller has stated he knows of more terrorist attacks planned against abortion providers. Where are Beck and Limbaugh now?

Actually, the report which you speak of named military veterans etc. The one in Missouri profiled people with Libertarian and Ron Paul bumper stickers. Neither report really provided anything that would truly solve these problems.

However, there are creeps all around. Case in point is this guy:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/02/us/02recruit.html

These 2 guys both have one thing in common, they are both Anti Jewish etc. which they share in common with Rashid Khalidi. The guy at the museum was a convicted felon as well.

So you really need to back off with your implying that fiscal conservatives equivalent to these guys. That would be the equivalent to labeling ecologists has being affiliated with ELF and ALF. There was an earlier Fed. report that looked at the left radical groups, but it named specifics such as Alf and ELF and never left it open to interpretation such that a patrol officer could pull over some person leaving a bible meeting in a small town in Tennessee and misconstrue something from it.

Edit: Furthermore, I think you will be hard pressed to find anything on Beck or Limbaugh that aligns them with Holocaust deniers or Muslim Radicals.
06-10-2009, 05:35 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Edit: Furthermore, I think you will be hard pressed to find anything on Beck or Limbaugh that aligns them with Holocaust deniers or Muslim Radicals.
Perhaps. Out of curiosity, what do you have to say about this?

Think Progress Beck: People ‘Pushed To The Wall’ By ‘Political Correctness’ May Turn Into Psycho Killers

(And please save the "it's from a liberal site so it's not worthy of an opinion" stuff.)

06-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #9
Veteran Member

We will always have people like this (on the extreme right and left) because they let hate poison their minds. Polarization has little use for love, much less love of those who are different.
06-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #10
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Perhaps. Out of curiosity, what do you have to say about this?

Think Progress Beck: People ‘Pushed To The Wall’ By ‘Political Correctness’ May Turn Into Psycho Killers

(And please save the "it's from a liberal site so it's not worthy of an opinion" stuff.)

I don't have anything more to say than what O'Reilly said. You seem to forget that many conservatives in this country and others are Jewish.

Edit: As I pointed out earlier, this von Brunn guy was a convicted felon for similar activity in the early 80s.
06-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #11
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mithrandir Quote
We will always have people like this (on the extreme right and left) because they let hate poison their minds. Polarization has little use for love, much less love of those who are different.
Very well said.
06-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Well, let's see. O'Reilly carried out a vilification campaign for years against Dr. Tiller, calling him "Tiller the killer", and saying he ran a death camp where he'd happily "kill your baby for 5 thousand dollars", and that there was a place in hell ready for him. Besides agreeing with O'Reilly about Dr. Tiller and being a member of the extreme anti-abortion movement, Roeder also was enmeshed with the militias, with whom he apparently shared a number of lunatic conspiracies about Obama, including his alleged plan to take away people's right to bear arms. Beck also repeatedly made that point on his show, saying that people should arm and be ready to defend themselves against the government. What else does Beck routinely say about Obama? Ah, that he is a Marxist, something that von Brunn also wrote about, together with the fact that allegedly Obama is an illegitimate president because he was not born in the US. Both topics that Limbaugh likes to frequently rant about too.

So, to summarize. What unites Roeder, von Brunn and also that Poplawski guy who killed 2 cops in Pittsburgh? Irrational fears about impending communism, conspiracy theories about the 2nd amendment, a hate for the Obama administration and liberals in general, mixed in with traditional forms of racial and religious fanaticism, for flavor. Sounds like a compendium of your run-of-the-mill right-wing talk radio and Fox news talking points to me.
06-10-2009, 08:46 PM   #13
clm

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Poor Americans can't go out in the street or go listen to fairytales in museums without getting shot.
You say that the Holocaust is a fairytale?
06-11-2009, 12:41 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clm Quote
You say that the Holocaust is a fairytale?
Not at all. Edited.
06-11-2009, 01:55 AM   #15
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slomojoe Quote
Well, let's see. O'Reilly carried out a vilification campaign for years against Dr. Tiller, calling him "Tiller the killer", and saying he ran a death camp where he'd happily "kill your baby for 5 thousand dollars", and that there was a place in hell ready for him. Besides agreeing with O'Reilly about Dr. Tiller and being a member of the extreme anti-abortion movement, Roeder also was enmeshed with the militias, with whom he apparently shared a number of lunatic conspiracies about Obama, including his alleged plan to take away people's right to bear arms. Beck also repeatedly made that point on his show, saying that people should arm and be ready to defend themselves against the government. What else does Beck routinely say about Obama? Ah, that he is a Marxist, something that von Brunn also wrote about, together with the fact that allegedly Obama is an illegitimate president because he was not born in the US. Both topics that Limbaugh likes to frequently rant about too.

So, to summarize. What unites Roeder, von Brunn and also that Poplawski guy who killed 2 cops in Pittsburgh? Irrational fears about impending communism, conspiracy theories about the 2nd amendment, a hate for the Obama administration and liberals in general, mixed in with traditional forms of racial and religious fanaticism, for flavor. Sounds like a compendium of your run-of-the-mill right-wing talk radio and Fox news talking points to me.
What you are saying thing is the all the crimes and murders committed by Elf & Alf can be blamed on Gore and th Sierra Club etc. The killings like the ones in Arkansas can be blamed on MSNBC . . . Sounds like a compendium of your run of the mill left wing talking points. You forget about the libs like Rush and Byrd in the House and Senate as well.

Edit: Since when has O'Reilly been anti-Semetic? Since when has Mark Levin been anti-Semetic?

Last edited by Blue; 06-11-2009 at 02:03 AM.