Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2009, 05:58 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
cool, saturday morning drama.

06-13-2009, 06:09 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
This site has very few rules, but one of them I can remember RH running afoul of before is listing a blog as a post.

Here are the facts: the owners of this site can run it anyway they want, with whatever rules they want - PERIOD. It is not a democracy. If you can't follow the few rules, then expect to be called for it.

I have been 'cited' for commenting on prices in ads (always positive, like "Wow, that's a great price") but it's not allowed, and once I was called out on it, I stopped. It didn't take repeated requests or warnings.

As for the "I'm quiting posting" attitude, it's like cutting your nose off to spite your face. Other than the few minutes it took to write this post, it won't affect my life in any way. Nor will it have a negative affect on this forum. I've seen other boards where people have made "I'm leaving" posts and in the end, they hurt no one but themselves.
06-13-2009, 06:11 AM   #18
Pentaxian

I find this a bit unfortunate, as your blog often does have useful (or at least interesting) information and it's certainly no skin off my nose, or anyone else's, to simply visit a website... if the host gets a little revenue from the visit, like them or not, who cares?

I just feel that, if RH was linking to completely irrelevant links to generate traffic, or making outrageous claims in posts and then linking to a somewhat more mundane reality written up on his blog like some tabloid... well then that would be shameless self promotion and a negative thing. But I haven't seen that since I've become a member. Like him or not, I don't really see what the big deal is here.

At the same time, RH, you are being a bit dramatic. If you're really on the right side of this equation, then be the bigger man and handle the situation accordingly. I don't think name-calling really fits that description. And if you've recieved warnings about this before, and indeed you do NOT need the traffic generated by links here, why wouldn't you just take to copying and pasting information you really feel a need to share rather than linking to it? If your primary goal is to share the information and you have no need to the traffic generated by the links, this would seem to be a perfectly agreeable solution.

Last edited by er1kksen; 06-13-2009 at 06:17 AM.
06-13-2009, 06:25 AM   #19
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well, maybe some of the anti-RH fightclub members are now also going to stop posting since they loose their prey. what will they do now that they cannot hijack threads and turn them into personal attack frenzies. Maybe they will first celebrate "we have woooon!"and then when the party is over they will start to think "..what do we do now...". Heres hoping they wont single out another victim to harass until they leave

06-13-2009, 06:27 AM   #20
Veteran Member

In a nutshell

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You have received a warning at PentaxForums.com
Dear RiceHigh,

You have received a warning at PentaxForums.com.

Reason:
-------
Blog posting warning only this time

As per Rule II. Posting
There is no limit on the number of posts made by each user, but topics must always be created in the correct corresponding forum category. Flooding, spamming, and advertising are not tolerated. Although users may occasionally post links to useful resources and personal galleries, any other sites may not be promoted. All posts are also to be written in a mature fashion with correct spelling and grammar.

Member is warned that Blog post promotions will not be tolerated any longer. Warning only. Points issued next time.
-------

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
PentaxForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's the ground and rationale to "warn" me for my that post made???? You read the post content and click on the link to verify yourself!

I KNOW well ITS THEIR SITE, THEY CAN DO WHAT THEY LIKE!

BYE ALSO, OUR HOLY MODS!
They asked you a simple favor..... You choose to make high drama of it, as is your style and the reason you end up leaving, or being asked to leave forums.
There decision was based not only in what they saw but in the number of complaints that were not visible....
Other people posting your blog link in the manner that you do is not the same as you doing so. Besides for all the drama what they were/are asking is quite simple and a reasonable person would follow this.... it is NOT THAT HARD to do.
So who is really being unreasonable.
For your supporters, his blog will always be there and you will lose nothing.
Remember he chooses to leave and was not banned....
to be honest, he was banned or left in a huff from 3 previous forums.. a feat not so easy to accomplish if you think about it. Now it will be 4.
So he is either terribly unlucky or there is some rational reason behind it.

Last edited by jeffkrol; 06-13-2009 at 06:36 AM.
06-13-2009, 06:36 AM   #21
Veteran Member

While Personally I have been in some heated arguments with rice and I don't always agree with his points of view or his seemingly anti pentax stance you will be missed Rice dude.
06-13-2009, 06:47 AM   #22
RaduA

who the &*() is RH?

QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
Well, maybe some of the anti-RH fightclub members are now also going to stop posting since they loose their prey. what will they do now that they cannot hijack threads and turn them into personal attack frenzies. Maybe they will first celebrate "we have woooon!"and then when the party is over they will start to think "..what do we do now...". Heres hoping they wont single out another victim to harass until they leave
Overly simplistic in your thinking as usual! Did you imagined for a moment that people are not either "victims" or "predators" and the "fanboys" are NOT always wrong and people as *equidistant* as you like to present yourself and the rest of the "victims" are NOT always right? Did the past tells you something or are you the type of person who needs to repeat the same mistakes over and over again without learning one bit? Wasn't RH either BANNED or *left* on the back door like HE chose to do now from virtually every single English speaking fora? All those were accidents? Every single forum out there was ruled by *Pentax fanboys*? We have some sayings here that applies to this case and the best suited is this one: "If one guy tells you that you're drunk you can believe him or not, when couple more tells you the same you better go to sleep it over".
Besides you're more than free to visit his lame excuse of a blog whenever you want! You know the saying ... "great minds think alike (and I suppose this applies to the slower ones too)".
And about what I feel about this guy's decision to give up on this forum I guess the title says it all.

Bye,
Radu
06-13-2009, 06:52 AM   #23
Veteran Member

All I will say is the following. If I were to leave Pentax for any reason, I would probably do so with dignity and perhaps a bit more grace. I would not point fingers at anyone but myself as that is a decision that only you can make. I would probably say, "thanks for the wonderful ride. It was a trip!..."

No fan fare.

But being RH, it makes a lot of sense in that the manner in which you are doing so, is the manner in which you are doing so.

Good Luck and "Bon Continuation".

06-13-2009, 07:05 AM   #24
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Allow me to clear something up for everyone's benefit on behalf of all the mods:

1) We don't want anyone to leave the forums and hope we don't get overly involved with any threads or posts but will when required, or a post is reported and needs investigation.

2) Rice High and anyone else is welcome to start topics on almost any subject. But we want the material posted and written here for all to see instead of redirects to personal or commercial sites. If we are going to apply this rule to one member, then we will apply it to all. Otherwise there is no point in having that rule and the site will be flooded with people/companies advertising stuff here. It's also how we can ban spammers who come here on a daily basis. This continues to be an ad free site and we'll do our best to keep it that way.

If you have a portfolio or Gallery site you want to show everyone, fine post the link. That's completely fine.

3) I never said RH or anyone else can't have their blog links in their signatures. I do and most of us have something in our signatures.

4) I do think RH has contributed to the forums and has provided some valuable information here. It's his choice to leave but he's welcome to return at any time. Nobody wins when someone decides to leave.

On a personal note (not speaking for the other mods), generally you wouldn't believe how many posts are read just for content and how much time is spent responding to member issues and PM's. It's volunteer and we need your assistance to keep things running smoothly. I'll make mistakes and I'll do what ever I can to correct them when that happens. I only want a smooth running site where everyone, no matter how new or old, no matter the level of experience, can join and enjoy their time here. No single member is more important than any other. That applies to me as well.
06-13-2009, 07:06 AM   #25
Nubi

I would probably do so with dignity

Can't buy those on the web....

BTW, I don't know about you guys, but I was terribly impressed with the use of plural version of the word "forum" by RaduA. "Fora" huh? Very cool!
06-13-2009, 07:10 AM   #26
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
I will not post ... [yadda, yadda, yadda] ... OUR HOLY MODS!
Oh, ok, bye then.
06-13-2009, 07:28 AM   #27
Veteran Member

+/-

well it was a little too dramatic, but i understand..

i had similar situations, when leaving a girlfriend.. wanted to say all in one letter, so i kept on writing and writing..
but, I liked RH criticism and liked his news, he could find interesting stuff, so i'm bookmarking his blog, and will follow his blog. although i most certainly will not comment there..

good luck RH.
06-13-2009, 07:37 AM   #28
Banned

I don't really know what to say, other than good luck in whatever you do.
06-13-2009, 07:40 AM   #29
Pentaxian

I echo Peter's sentiments - thank you for those posts. We are volunteers, not people on an ego trip - I am not sure how any forum would survive without moderators helping out.

First off, I have no issues with the OP or anyone else. I believe I am a fair person and dislike name calling. There is no reason why people cannot be civil and agree that they disagree. Uncivil, rude and caustic comments are not welcome by anyone from someone else. I am sure you would not want that treatment from another person.

Most of you know I rarely weigh in or wade in, so here goes... in the interest of disclosure...
  1. Adam has directly asked RH to stop posting in this way - more than once.
  2. Those requests also include my communication (PM) to him before the warning was issued. He was online after my post in his thread letting him know that the issue was being discussed.
  3. My PM to Michael/RH clearly requested that he copy and paste the contents of the link into the message body, nothing more.
  4. It's never been an issue with the information - it's the format presented. Again, this has been discussed before (not just once) with Michael, but multiple times.
If the playing field is to be fair according to forum rules, it includes Michael/RH. See my post with the time stamp and his subsequent posts below it on this page:https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/63108-breaking-news-k-...ng-kong-3.html

So it's clear: we cannot cover everyone: the forum members are the people we rely on to report things. Life is too short and we really do not revel in moderating actions. We'd rather be engaged with others on the forum taking shop/photos, etc., taking photos or simply doing other things in our lives.

Regards,
Marc
06-13-2009, 07:51 AM   #30

it's probably a good time to lock this thread.
Closed Thread