06-13-2009, 07:53 AM   #31
Ash
Community Manager

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Farewell RH.

06-13-2009, 08:05 AM   #32
Pentaxian

This place is DEFINITELY getting nastier...

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
All I can say RH is bye.

NaCl(and don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out)H2O
See? Is there any need for that? How about we slam it in YOUR face, buddy.

This place is getting as nasty and 'cliquey' as the PDML now is, which is why many good people and knowledgeabe photographers left that place in droves as well. I was on there staring in about 1997 or so. Not any more. Some of the most 'famous' Pentaxians on the net used to hang out there...not any more. This place is going down the same road, I fear.

QuoteOriginally posted by davebris33 Quote
Hi,

I agree with ricehigh and his supporters wholeheartedly. I only lurk nowadays and don't join in with the 'forum' as the 'forum' seems to be a vehicle for a few individuals who take themselves far too seriously and make a mockery of the whole idea of a forum, which is a place to discuss upon shared values and interests.

I have noticed increased antipathy towards anyone who says anything good about other brands, any constructive criticism against Pentax...Oh the list goes on!....What the forum does well is really good...The invaluable lens reviews, camera reviews , market place etc ..What good work from such few people, but this rabid fanboyism, FF carping and self importance of a few moribund and self important 'moderators' drives me mad...Which is why i generally don't join in anymore.

If people want to shoot me down, save your breath and your fingertips, I won't get dragged into anything, it's beneath my and any semi sane and literate persons' consideration.

Stop flaming people, stop being up your own a***s and go and take some photographs, instead of worrying about what great photographs you might be able to take if only you had blah blah waffle blah waffle.....

dave
I feel this way as well. I've reported a BUNCH of nasty stuff towards other people and was basically told to go away. Some of the moderators are EXTREMELY biased, and some biased against Rice High for some strange reason. He has been beat up so bad around here it's disgraceful, and in full view of the very people who should be lambasting these ***holes. He deserves an apology, IMHO.

I have very much appreciated the time and trouble he has spent doing his best to keep us informed. What positive contributions has NACL above made recently, except to be nasty, rude, and arrogant and get away with it?

The moderators are gradually losing control of this place. Some of them are not putting out spot fires so they are turning into full-on raging flame wars, and then they give nasty warnings to the people reporting it. At least, that has been my experience.

QuoteOriginally posted by jfsavage Quote
I check your blog each day and will continue to do so. I appreciate your contribution to the Pentax world, even though it will not be as part of this forum.
Likewise, Rice High, a lot of the sensible people around here very much appreciate your posts, and all the research time you have spent on this stuff, and it really is too bad this place is being hijacked by a bunch of total jerks, most of whom don't even post a single photograph.

Will be checking into your blog regularly. Best wishes.

Sincerely,
Cameron
06-13-2009, 08:20 AM   #33
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Every reported post is taken seriously and often debated between the mods before any action is taken. If we moderated every little thing that is reported, everyone would leave. We do try to strike a balance even if it's not percieved that way. People need the latitude to express their opinions even if they may not be agreeable to the membership as a whole. Healthy or contrary discussions are what make this place and any other forum a fun place to visit.

QuoteQuote:
I have very much appreciated the time and trouble he has spent doing his best to keep us informed. What positive contributions has NACL above made recently, except to be nasty, rude, and arrogant and get away with it?
How is a comment like this in any way constructive? Or is it designed to start a flame war itself. You ask me to moderate Salty's signature and before I can even respond to your post report, you post something even more inflammatory. Not the way things should be handled and asking for moderator help and then posting this does not help your position. If an apology is required I'd suggest you reread your post.
06-13-2009, 08:26 AM   #34
Ash
Community Manager

QuoteOriginally posted by Thesorus Quote
it's probably a good time to lock this thread.
Agreed, and would like the mods to consider closing it now.
Serves no further purpose other than inciting a team A vs. team B cyberbrawl.
RH has said his peace, best to now leave it at that.

06-13-2009, 08:27 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Cameron, I suggest you read my post on the bottom of page 2.

BTW, this thread was closed due to several folks being involved in personal attacks against one another and/or inflammatory remarks in general.

Last edited by Marc Langille; 06-13-2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: clarification
06-13-2009, 01:39 PM   #36
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Seriously guys, give us a break. I don't see how anyone could say that the forum is going downhill. I personally continue to do whatever I can to make the site better and more informative, and while I don't have the time to oversee all the 'drama' and pointless arguing that arises in certain threads, I have confidence that the mods are doing their best to be fair to everyone. Again, if anyone has any specific problems that need to be addressed, please post in the suggestions forum- I'll gladly hear you out.

@Rice: Farewell! I'm sure you misunderstood some of Marc's/the site's requests regarding your links, but that's now a thing of the past.
Closed Thread