Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2007, 07:25 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
"What is That?"

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
Ben It's a great tip. I hardly ever use a flash. Your tip however will be kept for future use. I do more outdoor and natural light. I have never excelled in a studio environment. Mostly because I could never afford the extras (or should I say I never was able to save and retain the money I would need) to do so. when ever I set up a shot in natural light I depend highly what my camera is telling me. (and of course the experience I gained over the years of shooting and schooling) I love my manual lenses only because I enjoy playing with the f stops (and no I'm not being perverted) I take many shots of the same setup and change the aperture settings to see which I like best and sometimes when on a shoot I just use auto and correct the RAW files in Photoshop I enjoy playing and creating. like with this one.

I find your talents and knowledge inspiring and insightful . I have copied and bookmarked many of the lessons you have given and I am able to refer to them often. I have started to view lighting (flash photography) as something I should really get started in learning. I might surprise myself and become some what talented.

PS have sent a PM.
That image you just posted is a magnificent voyage in to the ethereal surrealistic realm of dreams. It could have been taken out of Skip Atwater's book "Captain of My Ship, Master of My Soul" on the subject of remote viewing when he headed up SRI's Remote Viewing Program and rendered as an illustration taken from the interview with Joseph McMoneagle one of the most prodigious Remote Viewers in the history of SRI. He describes a Temple on Mars that functioned over a million years ago. Where the temple once stood are remains from a past civilization that existed there. That is what Joseph McMoneagle garnered from the experience. The program was established to counter the Russian Psychic Spying program that was far in advance of where the US were at the time. The SRI program officially ended a few years ago and commenced in 1979.

None the less, I love it.
I am gob struck!

Bravo David...

Last edited by benjikan; 04-29-2007 at 07:34 AM.
04-29-2007, 07:50 AM   #32
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Thank you Ben, I'm glad you like it. Of course you would need to see the origional to understand why I did what I did. I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll send you a pm with it in and also a few more shots you might like.