Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #31
graphicgr8s
Guest




Who is John Galt?

I am a liberal. Give me all your photography equipment.

If 10% is enough for Jesus it ought to be enough for the Obama.

06-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #32
Veteran Member
slomojoe's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 788
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Want to know the real difference?
Liberal: Give me a fish to eat.
Republican: Teach me to fish so I can eat when I want to.

CNN: Paid for by the Obama Election Committee and in his pocket.
Seriously, if recent history is any indication, it's more like:

Conservative: Give me a bunch of billions to bail out my business and don't you dare cutting my exorbitant salary, but don't waste the taxpayer's money for job retraining for all those suckers I am going to fire next.
06-17-2009, 04:57 AM   #33
Veteran Member
Gooshin's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto, the one in Canada.
Posts: 5,610
everyone is an extremist

why is it that no one ever bothers to try and take a balanced view?
06-17-2009, 06:49 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bronx NY
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,633
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
then you got the conservative liberalism,

left wing conservative anarchanism

right wing communistic socialialism

middle wing, right rudder, upper bow socialistic conservatism with a spice of liberalism, available in 3 day express by fedex.... idiot proof and 100% refundable, biodegradable and reusable....

EDIT: i didnt even realize how much i spoofed from George Carlin there...
Gooshin: for the 'middle wing etc....' you forgot to add "Now NEW AND IMPROVED! NOW WITH GLYCERINE VIBRAPHOAM!"

NaCl(and a special homage to the Firesign Theater)H2O

06-17-2009, 10:06 AM   #35
graphicgr8s
Guest




QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Gooshin: for the 'middle wing etc....' you forgot to add "Now NEW AND IMPROVED! NOW WITH GLYCERINE VIBRAPHOAM!"

NaCl(and a special homage to the Firesign Theater)H2O
How can something be "New and Improved"? If it's new it's never been before so there was nothing to improve. If it's improved it's not new.
06-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #36
Damn Brit
Guest




QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
everyone is an extremist

why is it that no one ever bothers to try and take a balanced view?
That's a pretty extreme statement.
06-18-2009, 03:04 AM   #37
Forum Member




Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bettendorf, IA / wherever the truck is parked
Posts: 99
Conservatives, liberals, blah blah.

There is no COMPETENT party left in this country. None that'd stand a chance in the general election, anyway. Basically we have "Democrat" and Democrat Lite WHOOPS I mean "Republican"...

Personally I think "parties" ought not to exist. Instead, a politician states his/her platform and is voted for or against based on that and that only. None of this party loyal bullshit that has completely and utterly divided and frankly destroyed this once-great country.

That said, economically I sit in the center. Not a died-in-the-wool capitalist, not a socialist either. Socially, I'm just about as libertarian as you can get, though. Oh well, I must be crazy.

06-18-2009, 06:37 AM   #38
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,296
QuoteOriginally posted by Volvo244T Quote
Conservatives, liberals, blah blah.

There is no COMPETENT party left in this country. None that'd stand a chance in the general election, anyway. Basically we have "Democrat" and Democrat Lite WHOOPS I mean "Republican"...

Personally I think "parties" ought not to exist. Instead, a politician states his/her platform and is voted for or against based on that and that only. None of this party loyal bullshit that has completely and utterly divided and frankly destroyed this once-great country.

That said, economically I sit in the center. Not a died-in-the-wool capitalist, not a socialist either. Socially, I'm just about as libertarian as you can get, though. Oh well, I must be crazy.
How are things up in Leo Land?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
conservatives
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Social Group - Photo Challenge 2010.09 - Single in September uccemebug Travel, Events, and Groups 2 09-21-2010 10:36 PM
New Social Group - British Columbia User Group bigdave69 Travel, Events, and Groups 1 09-02-2010 09:34 AM
New Social Group - K20D User group jotaz.gmail General Talk 0 05-10-2010 05:53 AM
New Social Group - Singapore User Group creampuff General Talk 1 04-02-2010 09:09 PM
Suggestion Group notification of new social group members dosdan Site Suggestions and Help 1 05-05-2009 09:34 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:20 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top