Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2009, 10:28 PM   #121
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
If and I say If, that's true, we learned it from the British and French. However, that's really a propaganda tool that gets trotted out by those with anti-American sentiment. However, if there was any serious truth in that, Cuba would have been made a state in 1899 etc. etc. etc.
Who learnt it from the Spanish, Dutch and Portuguese.
Yes I believe it is true and it is voiced by Americans who do happen to care about America but at the same time they care about the rest of the world as well.
It is also voiced outside America, and yes, by those with anti-American sentiment but in most cases that is only because they have been on the receiving end of America's spreading of democracy (read Corporatocratic Empire Building).

It is also trotted out by me and I am far from being anti-American. I married an American, I live in America and I plan/hope to become an American. I would say that those who are responsible for this Empire building are the ones that are anti-American. You only have to look at the obscene profits made by the likes of Halliburton and Bechtel with their no bid contracts in Iraq to see the duck. Soldiers are dying in the showers due to below code wiring installed by these people. And all the profits are going to offshore accounts, America isn't even benefitting from taxes paid by these bastards because they aren't paying any. I don't see blue or red in what's going on , I just see that it's WRONG. Eventually the American citizens will wake up but until then, the world is suffering and people, Americans included, are dying and starving all for the sake of profit.

06-20-2009, 02:54 AM   #122
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Let's see.

1. Sending their own children to bomb buildings
2. The attacks on WTC.
3. The car bombs used all the time.
4. The attack on the Cole.
1. Sending their own children to bomb buildings
2. The attacks on food depots and baby milk factories
3. The cluster bombs used all the time
4. The attack on Panama

See, Americans are irrational blood-thirsty terrorists you cannot negotiate with. All I need to do to prove this is to extrapolate from their worst atrocities and assume everyone is like that. (Note to the hard of thinking: I do not believe this. )

Whether you like it or not a country MUST act in its own best interests.
Me, I think a country should act in its citizen's interests. How silly of me.

Are you really so naive or stupid to think you can actually negotiate with a person that wants to die?
Wow, resorting to insults. When you grow up you might realise that undermines any argument you might make. But then again, I have seen no sign of anything approximating an "argument" from you. Facts and logic might only illuminate your dark and twisted world.

<plonk>
06-20-2009, 02:58 AM   #123
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That is really some funny shit coming from a self-proclaimed anarchist.
Please explain how my statement in anyway contradicts a belief in anarchism.
06-20-2009, 08:58 AM   #124
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Please explain how my statement in anyway contradicts a belief in anarchism.
Explain how my statement contradicts that. But here is the thing. You bitch and gripe about Americans if they decide to not ship WW even though that occurs by members from all continents and even Canada and is the seller's prerogative regardless. Finally, you never miss a chance to take a dig at the U.S.A. in any thread. Hence, the "funny shit" comment. That's some southern humor hoss. A little jest if fine from time to time, but enough is enough.

06-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #125
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Explain how my statement contradicts that. But here is the thing. You bitch and gripe about Americans if they decide to not ship WW even though that occurs by members from all continents and even Canada and is the seller's prerogative regardless. Finally, you never miss a chance to take a dig at the U.S.A. in any thread. Hence, the "funny shit" comment. That's some southern humor hoss. A little jest if fine from time to time, but enough is enough.
So, you can't explain anything you said and won't stand by a comment you made only a few posts ago. Instead you toss out random insults and drag in stuff from other threads with your usual bias and innuendo. Yes, that sure is funny. Perhaps not in the way you intend, though.

Oh, and I don't "take digs" at the USA, I state facts and supported opinions. And I don't do so in any thread, only those where it is on topic. Perhaps you think I should leave the bullies and propagandists to get on with their agenda unchecked? That's just not how I was raised. Personally, I'd prefer if such threads had no place on this forum and that people who start hate-filled diatribes were banned.

But I can see that debate and argumentation is not your strong point. I do hope you're better at photography.
06-20-2009, 01:50 PM   #126
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
. . .

But I can see that debate and argumentation is not your strong point. I do hope you're better at photography.
I really don't give a crap what your opinion is on either.
06-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #127
Veteran Member

How do you negotiate with someone who doesn't value their own life? One of the many things this "administration" fails to understand is you can't negotiate with any person, or country that doesn't value their own life or existence. You can't negotiate with a car bomber. You can't negotiate with a kamikaze pilot.
Negotiation assumes that both side actually want a peaceful solution. Something tells me that radical muslims don't really care.
human beings are not suicidal by nature. how do you come to think as a kamikaze or suicide bomber? have you ever wondered about that? what kind of motivation, what extent of desperation a person/nation must reach to get to such a stateof mind? stop believing all the bullshit "they tell you"; i am not saying "terrorists" are the good guys, i am just saying one should be a bit more cautious about archetypal (if that's the word) characters in real life, they only happen in books and hollywood movies, in real life, things are not as simple and black and white. think about it..

Last edited by nanok; 06-20-2009 at 02:57 PM.
06-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #128
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Closing this before people start calling each other morons and flooding my inbox with complaints. Please, take it easy, guys.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
Closed Thread