Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2009, 07:07 AM   #16
Veteran Member

This reminds me of the battle between the state of GA with FL and AL regarding the water rights of the Chattahoochee river. Seems the Corps of Engineers says its fine to drain Lake Lanier as fast as they want, no mind it is the primary water source for the city of Atlanta (5 mil people) as well as crucial water supply for farmers all over North and Middle Georgia. The reason why they want to keep the water levels so high in the lower Chattahoochee...to protect a certain species of clam...yes, clams.

I guess Minnows and clams have rights too, although you cant link Obama for this one... (CA, AL and FL, all Republican Governed states)

Jas

09-21-2009, 06:45 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
And now the illustrious idiots in Mexifornia are putting farmers out of business because of a minnow.
Hey!! Where I live we have had our beach (Surf Beach near VAFB) closed because of a NON_NATIVE bird called the Snowy Plover (which is not actually endangered btw...and get this, they even have an ARMED GUARD working the beach near Surf Railroad Station who WILL cite or arrest people, it's a total joke...) and there is a farmer who lost a large portion of his land because of the Tiger Salamander...some of us are trying organise an annual Snowy Plover & Tiger Salamander BBQ
09-21-2009, 09:02 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Army Corp of Engineers is a Federal Agency. Furthermore, it has to do with more than clams. It also has to do with fisheries and oysters. That issue was having an serious impact o the Apalachicola Bay. The fishing industry is a big deal. Not everyone wants to eat peanuts. Georgia was trying to take land from Tennessee so they could tap into the Tennessee river to suck it down to Atlanta. The state line crap has been going on for years.

I'd like to see someone PROVE that Good Time Charlie is a Republican much less fiscal conservative. As far as Alabama being Republican, that is kind of ironic. Florida is more of a 50/50 state.
09-21-2009, 10:11 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
you know this is a brilliant move...when all the jobs are gone, not reason anyone will want to get here any way they can, even a floating door...then the PTB will get what they are after. I mean what do we really make in the US anymore?

09-21-2009, 10:26 PM   #20
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
you know this is a brilliant move...when all the jobs are gone, not reason anyone will want to get here any way they can, even a floating door...then the PTB will get what they are after. I mean what do we really make in the US anymore?
The floating door or 1950 Chevy truck boats and 49 Buick boats only do any good if they satisfy the "dry foot" rule.
09-22-2009, 06:20 AM   #21
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
This reminds me of the battle between the state of GA with FL and AL regarding the water rights of the Chattahoochee river. Seems the Corps of Engineers says its fine to drain Lake Lanier as fast as they want, no mind it is the primary water source for the city of Atlanta (5 mil people) as well as crucial water supply for farmers all over North and Middle Georgia. The reason why they want to keep the water levels so high in the lower Chattahoochee...to protect a certain species of clam...yes, clams.

I guess Minnows and clams have rights too, although you cant link Obama for this one... (CA, AL and FL, all Republican Governed states)

Jas
No but you can blame all the "feel good" types for it. And they are mostly bleeding hearts. They may be governed by repubicans but look at who is speaker of the house. And they keep electing her. I hear Ted Kennedy is ahead in the polls again as his own replacement.
09-26-2009, 11:34 AM   #22
Marketplace Reseller

kind of odd to think such a small fish can have such implications

09-26-2009, 11:48 AM   #23
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
I'd fry them suckers up. Floured first of course. And you do it whole.
They would also be good with cocktail sauce as an appetizer for spotted owl stew.
09-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #24
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
They would also be good with cocktail sauce as an appetizer for spotted owl stew.
Prefer gopher tortoise myself. Have about 10 on my property. Ooops. make that 9 now.