Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #1
graphicgr8s

Infomercial

Well ABC is giving the Obama his own infomercial next week.

06-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Really, when is it on? I must set my timer to record it.
06-19-2009, 07:06 PM   #3
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I don't really know. My TV watching is very sporadic lately.
06-23-2009, 07:00 PM   #4
graphicgr8s

I think it's tomorrow night Gary. It's a "town hall" healthcare infomercial. They can't run the VA healthcare you really think they can run something as big as national?

06-23-2009, 09:28 PM   #5
Damn Brit

You forget, I come from a country where universal coverage is the norm. If the government were so bad at running things, why are the insurance companies so scared of the competition?
06-24-2009, 05:49 AM   #6
graphicgr8s

You forget, I come from a country where universal coverage is the norm. If the government were so bad at running things, why are the insurance companies so scared of the competition?
Gary, it's real hard to compete when your competitor can just dole out more money to cover the loss. If they can't print it they will just raise your taxes. Either way it's a lose-lose. They can't run the VA and take care of our Vets. That's just a small microcosm of the project.

Want to lower health care costs? Stop the stupid frivolous lawsuits so malpractice isn't so high.
06-24-2009, 09:00 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Gary, 38% of the people that do not have coverage make over $50,000/year and a got portion of them make over $70,000. It is a situation where for whatever reason they choose not to purchase insurance. Apparently another 10% would be illegal anyway.

Edit: Our system needs work. How ever, our actual medical system is quite good. Any one that says otherwise is joking themselves. However, I don't think our government over seen by dipshits and 2-bit lawyers is they way we need to go. Just because some one gets elected to the House, Senate, or White House doesn't make them an instant genius and an expert in all things.

The Government has screwed up Social Security and Medicare and we think they should be allowed to expand. It will never work as long as there are dipsticks and crooks like Pelosi, Waxman, Frank, Alcyee Hastings, Wrangel etc. on Capital Hill. What happened to Gore's "lock box" for example? What about LBJ pulling the famous rabbit out of the hat to balance the budget when in fact he did it by raiding the SS trust fund? It has been done a few times since then also.

The government doesn't generate resources, it re-allocates them.

Last edited by Blue; 06-24-2009 at 09:08 AM.
06-24-2009, 09:11 AM   #8
Site Supporter

A President taking control of a private network for a few days is a very dangerous precedent as well. The media is supposed to be separate from government just like Church. It says so in the 1st Amendment. Of course BHO doesn't like the Bill of Rights because it says what the Gov can't do to us.
06-24-2009, 09:29 AM   #9
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
A President taking control of a private network for a few days is a very dangerous precedent as well. The media is supposed to be separate from government just like Church. It says so in the 1st Amendment. Of course BHO doesn't like the Bill of Rights because it says what the Gov can't do to us.
Blue it says that government cannot enact a national religion as England did. It really says nothing about separation of church and state.

QuoteQuote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Sidenote. It reallocates after it CONFISCATES said money

I want the same healthcare our senators and congressmen get. But I want THEM to pay for it like we pay for theirs.

Last edited by graphicgr8s; 06-24-2009 at 09:39 AM.
06-24-2009, 09:39 AM   #10
Site Supporter

1st Ammendment of the Bill of Rights to the U.S. Constitution.

QuoteQuote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Graph, the Gov. is not supposed to meddle in religion. By telling small towns around the land that they can't pray at the invocation to H.S. football games when communities want to do so is meddling.

But that wasn't my point. My point is that everyone, especially, the press forgot their place as a watch dog for the gov. ABC just let themselves be controlled by the White House and NBC is Obama's bitch just like G.M.

Edit: Taking control of the media and/or religion by regulating it is border line, while physically taking it is over that line.
06-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #11
graphicgr8s

1st Amendment of the Bill of Rights to the U.S. Constitution.

Graph, the Gov. is not supposed to meddle in religion. By telling small towns around the land that they can't pray at the invocation to H.S. football games when communities want to do so is meddling.

But that wasn't my point. My point is that everyone, especially, the press forgot their place as a watch dog for the gov. ABC just let themselves be controlled by the White House and NBC is Obama's bitch just like G.M.
Blue the press has never been a "watchdog" as concerns the liberal side only when a republican is in office.

But you can't pray at a football game. Separation of church and state after all. Of course the "separation of church and state" came about from a very liberalistic supreme court.

Maybe if they got back to fearing God we wouldn't be in the shape we're in.
06-24-2009, 09:47 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Separation of church and state after all. Of course the "separation of church and state" came about from a very liberalistic supreme court.

Tell that to Thomas Jefferson.

QuoteQuote:
Maybe if they got back to fearing God we wouldn't be in the shape we're in.

Tell that to Iran.
06-24-2009, 09:58 AM   #13
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote

Tell that to Thomas Jefferson.

Tell that to Iran.
Many of the Bahai Persians left Iran when the Ayatollah took over. There the current clergy controls the Gov.

The religion clause in the 1st is to avoid either the Gov controlling the clergy OR the clergy controlling the Gov.
06-24-2009, 10:04 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Many of the Bahai Persians left Iran when the Ayatollah took over. There the current clergy controls the Gov.

The religion clause in the 1st is to avoid either the Gov controlling the clergy OR the clergy controlling the Gov.
Oh, I agree re: the purpose of the first amendment. I'm just laughing at the idea that more "fear of God" will put our society in a better place.

I mean, literally everything about graphics' post was wrong.
06-24-2009, 10:07 AM   #15
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Oh, I agree re: the purpose of the first amendment. I'm just laughing at the idea that more "fear of God" will put our society in a better place.

I mean, literally everything about graphics' post was wrong.
And things were worse before they took prayer out of schools?
And out of government?

Things are better now?

Funny how a good part of our laws are based on the bible