Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2009, 05:46 AM   #166
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cheeky line, Graham.
May be the beginning of a looong friendship...

07-01-2009, 05:49 AM   #167
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GrahamD Quote
I saw an attractive woman using a k10 the other day, I went to her and said with a cheeky grin "nice body!!!" She looked a bit taken back until I flashed my own "nice body" k200. And we had a nice chat.
Maybe next time you can offer to 'flash' her?

Wicked funny line and it must have really thrown her off stride for moment or twenty!! Nice...
07-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #168
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Too be quite honest I appreciate all cameras from all the brands - each of them having their different nuances.

I was dead sold on an Oly 420 (small size and equally small zooms) but the small viewfinder killed it for me, then looked at the Nikon D80 and was just about sold based on its large viewfinder alone but due to my passion for multiday alpinism I was extremely concerned with durability and came across the Pentax K10D which had the guaranteed durability needed and a good large viewfinder to boot,

My partner brings along his p&s Canon (not his 450d) as he is dead scared of the 450d getting storm damaged or damaged period.

Each to his own I guess and the right tool for the job.

I reckon there are lots of people who would like to own a Pentax but are just to scared of being unaccepted when amongst the herd.

Hmmm to think of it, it takes courage to step out of the herd and to stand firm.

Regards

Dylan
01-11-2010, 10:59 PM   #169

Very interesting thread!! I "sold the tar" out of ALL the main brands in the early 80s (Chicago suburbs)... we NEVER looked down our noses at a customer's equipment! Pro, "amateur", or enthusiast... We helped them get the most out of what they already had OR what they bought from us. We sold both new and used and used Pentax was ALWAYS sought after (so was NEW Pentax!). One of my bosses had pro Nikon for 35mm BUT what did he have for medium format?
PENTAX!! (Pentax 6x7; he had the "renowned" 135mm macro for it, too!) And if you want to "play", you can "run" non-Pentax glass on Pentax bodies (lots of glass on LOTS of Pentax bodies!). I personally used (BESIDES the preferred Pentax!) anything from an Angenieux 35mm semi-wide to Carl Zeiss lenses on my Pentax(es) as well as earlier "Oriental" (Pentax AND non-Pentax) screw mount, T-mount, and "other" lenses using adapters (not to mention "the BIG gun", a 3.5 inch Questar telescope!). Pentax "larger" format lenses (e.g. Pentax 6x7) will also "adapt" (to 35mm bodies) as many of you are aware. AND many (including myself) liked the "smaller, less clunky" Pentax bodies for astrophotography. Who can say that the LX wasn't "advanced" for its time? Some might like a "DIGITAL (full frame of course!) LX" today!

Retired now (but "reminiscing"...), ...Normpixel...

Last edited by Normpixel; 01-12-2010 at 12:18 AM. Reason: "grammar"!
01-12-2010, 12:07 AM   #170

Even the butterflies like Pentax! This scanned print (image taken with "early" Olympus point-'n'-shoot digital) shows a butterfly (in Branson, Missouri) "looking over" my Pentax K2 with 50mm (f1.2) and 2X "telextender"... the f1.2 "max aperture" ("marginally" brighter than the "more prevalent" f1.4) comes in "handy" when viewing and focusing using a "2X" ("providing" a "comfortable" fast, close focusing f2.4 100mm tele!).

"Butterflies are free!" (Pentax f1.2 50mm lenses are "generally" NOT free, mine happened to be... because it was a gift.)

...Normpixel...
Attached Images

01-12-2010, 01:44 AM   #171

Pentax Love

i have yet to get "THE LOOK"

when i have my 50-135mm with hood on my k10 w/ battery grip and AF540 external flash
all i get is people going HOLY SH!T THATS A BIG CAMERA
i hang out in a town of 70k people and hardly anyone have large cameras here
most people have the nikon d40 or the canon eos . basiclly the dslr thta they sell at walmart .

i tell people about all the great features and the price i paid for mine and they sometimes get sad that they didnt buy pentax ,
though when i say lens price they freak out , until i tell them the price of nikon or canon high end lenses

so i think i may be lucky in a sence that ive never experienced the snobbery
but then again i also think i have the only pentax in town also haha though i did see someone with an old k1000
01-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #172
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just like Pentax....not perfect, nothing is, but they work fine for me. I don't feel the need to justify my purchases....I can buy any camera made...and I can prove it.....but I shoot Pentax, that is all I need to say when asked why. I have considered operating two brands, discarded that idea as non-productive, but I have never seriously considered dumping Pentax. As they develop more and more great lenses and options in bodies and such, there is more and more reason to stick with them.
If a person shoots Canon or Nikon, and does not recognize the fine optics of the Ltd's or the superb performance of the DA*50-135...then you are dealing with an idiot......step away quickly.
Regards!