Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #31
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I was born and raised in Tennessee

And Gore lost in Tennessee because the people there still tend to be racist, homophobic, uninformed folk who flocked to the Republican party for the wrong reasons. Not the sensible ideas of small government, individual liberties, and states rights but the base negativity of exclusion, gay hating, racism, and fear. They are the kind of people who feel that McCain was to socially liberal but loved Palin. The whole Acorn thing was a real issue that was over covered by fox news, just like the NY times spent to much covering the jamming of phone banks on the other side.
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Yeah, by Al Goring getting spanked in his home state, it came down to a situation where the votes were within the statistical margin of error. Had Gore not got spanked at home, Florida would not have mattered.

Edit: lets not leave out Oh in the 2004 election or ACORN in the past one.

07-04-2009, 12:19 AM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by amicah22 Quote
And Gore lost in Tennessee because the people there still tend to be racist, homophobic, uninformed folk who flocked to the Republican party for the wrong reasons. Not the sensible ideas of small government, individual liberties, and states rights but the base negativity of exclusion, gay hating, racism, and fear. They are the kind of people who feel that McCain was to socially liberal but loved Palin. The whole Acorn thing was a real issue that was over covered by fox news, just like the NY times spent to much covering the jamming of phone banks on the other side.

You are out in la la land with that post. Gore got elected to the Senate by Tennesseans and also VP. Palin had nothing to do with Gore getting spanked in Tennessee in the 2000 election. I went to high school in TN and have a MS from UT. You are full of it if you think Tennesseans are any more racist than any other state in the Union. I was living in SoCal during the 2000 election and actually voted for Gore.

Edit: As far as the fear mongering goes, the left-wingnuts had plenty of that going on. Alcee Hastings, Representative from Florida's 23 District:

QuoteQuote:
Hastings, speaking in Washington D.C. to a conference sponsored by the National Jewish Democratic Council, said "If Sarah Palin isn't enough of a reason for you to get over whatever your problem is with Barack Obama, then you damn well had better pay attention. Anybody toting guns and stripping moose don't care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks. So, you just think this through."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcee_Hastings

Which is some pretty fun crap coming from an impeached judge that was removed from the bench and disbarred for taken bribes etc.

Then there is all the other hate mongering from the left fringe as well including the religious groups on the left.

Last edited by Blue; 07-04-2009 at 07:35 AM.
07-04-2009, 09:05 AM   #33
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Tennessee has become more Republican every year and I did not link Palin to Gore I was just using her as an example. (that much was obvious) I lived in Tennessee for 25 years and went to school at ETSU from 93-97 and I know that Tennesseans are more racist than Arizonans. I love the state and have a house in Pegram that I'm moving back to once the housing market recovers. Its not because people in Az are better, they just don't have years of entrenched segregation like people in Tennessee do. My fraternity in the early 90's let all ethnicities in and this was shocking as all other fraternities were all white or all black and several had standing rules about this. People in AZ are from all over the country and are racist for different reasons- they are not motivated by their perception of protecting their "way of life". I agree with you about the crazies on the left being guilty of fear mongering and in some cases even racism. The far left makes me even more angry than the far right. They often end up on the fringe and sometimes are even forced (or nudged) out when they receive to much press. See that antisemitic bastion of the green party Cynthia Mckinny.

Last edited by amicah22; 07-04-2009 at 09:15 AM.
07-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Green party has a bastion? You could have fooled me.

I'm a Green at heart, myself, but I wasn't aware there was actually a 'party' in the strictest sense, whoever it is you're talking about, amicah.

Of course, these days, plenty of people on the Right who otherwise feel 'oppressed by PC Police' will call you an 'anti-Semite' (even if you're Jewish) if you say so much as, 'Dude, WTF!? ' to the conservative parties in Israel.