Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by alfdog Quote
guy almost gets seriously injured or killed, then calmly takes a photo... crazy

YouTube - rally crash
When you're in the zone, there is no 'nearly killed.'
07-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #3
SouthShoreRob

Wow, in superman's defence there, it almost looks like it happened so fast he couldn't have move even if he wanted to. I guessing he sh** his pants watching it on video though, lol.
07-03-2009, 02:51 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That is an insanely close call - he should have yellow paint on his jeans. And the photographer's faith in the strength of that retaining wall is stronger than my faith in ... well pretty much anything.

07-03-2009, 07:12 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I really believe that the "retaining wall" is the concrete wall of a property - a quite substantial structure in other words. That guy knew exactly what he was doing by standing behind that. Also, if one were to view the wall in plan, you would notice any vehicle colliding with it would be deflected back into the road requiring less strength to remain intact. The photographer also braced himself just before the car hit.

I'm off to have some toast now.
07-05-2009, 03:30 AM   #6
Pentaxian

My father was in a copter crash. Started taking photos of the wreck straight away, pilot was telling him to sit down etc. telling him he wil be in shock. Fat chance. Good shots of the chopper instead!
07-05-2009, 09:35 AM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
My father was in a copter crash. Started taking photos of the wreck straight away, pilot was telling him to sit down etc. telling him he wil be in shock. Fat chance. Good shots of the chopper instead!
"Look, mate, if you wanna crash another chopper so I can get some good pics of it then, fine - if not, just let me shoot this one."

07-05-2009, 05:40 PM   #8
Pentaxian

07-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #9
Veteran Member

DAY_AM... now that was way too close for comfort...

But give a thought to the videographer... He actually managed to turn his camera toward the crashed vehicle after it hit the wall he was evidently hiding behind. He has bigger cajones than the still photographer.

Mike
07-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
But give a thought to the videographer... He actually managed to turn his camera toward the crashed vehicle after it hit the wall he was evidently hiding behind. He has bigger cajones than the still photographer.
I don't think so. Looks to me the videographer wasn't even holding his camera during the accident. Watch again - it's apparent to me the camera was on a tripod and hands free, and the videographer grabbed the whole thing and spun around to get the wreckage only after the dust cleared.

Still photog has either titanium cajones or a really big titanium plate in his cranium.
07-07-2009, 05:05 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
I don't think so. Looks to me the videographer wasn't even holding his camera during the accident. Watch again - it's apparent to me the camera was on a tripod and hands free, and the videographer grabbed the whole thing and spun around to get the wreckage only after the dust cleared.

Still photog has either titanium cajones or a really big titanium plate in his cranium.
I noticed the delay Venturi, but regardless, the videographer was close at hand, not off at a significant distance. The pan to the damaged car happens quickly enough that I believe he was relatively close. Probably not watching thru the viewfinder, but certainly within arms length.

Mike
07-08-2009, 03:13 AM   #12
Veteran Member

even stranger is the video tapes it all and then decides to switch to the wreckage...unless it was an unmanned camera and it was just coincidence it was filming the photographer and then someone finally got to the cam and panned over to the crash.

Anyway, cool video.Jason