Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2009, 11:13 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
So... What about Palin? :)

Finally gone nuts, or shrewd? What's running through her head?

Are the social and religious conservatives going to follow her into the abyss, or write her off, finally, as the Republican leadership elite did last year?

07-03-2009, 11:16 PM   #2
Damn Brit

I prefer moose.
07-03-2009, 11:24 PM   #3
Inactive Account

For shaggin', Damn Brit?

Sorry, that's all I think about when I see the word "Palin."

Or maybe you have gone Cana-

*runs like the everlovin' dickens*
07-03-2009, 11:32 PM   #4
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
For shaggin', Damn Brit?

Sorry, that's all I think about when I see the word "Palin."

Or maybe you have gone Cana-

*runs like the everlovin' dickens*
If it's a choice between Palin and the moose, I'll take the moose everytime. Seriously.
And I'm not into shagging animals.

07-04-2009, 12:11 AM   #5
Inactive Account

I reckon she'd be an absolute demon in the sack. All those urges barely repressed by years of appearing conservative, but crudely channelled through that "slutty flight attendant" look, as Dave Letterman said.
07-04-2009, 12:23 AM   #6
emr

Huh, this thread is getting interesting. If she only wouldn't talk...

But seriously, what is she going to do now? Start full time campaigning for President already?
07-04-2009, 01:11 AM   #7
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
Huh, this thread is getting interesting. If she only wouldn't talk...

You could always put something in her mouth.

07-04-2009, 01:12 AM   #8
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
What about the left-winged religious wing-nuts?
Nah, I prefer pistachio nuts.
07-04-2009, 02:42 AM   #9
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
You could always put something in her mouth.
That's the plan. Well, the first five minutes of the plan.
07-04-2009, 07:39 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Seriously, though - what are her options now? My dad and football coach instilled in me that quitting is almost a sin... how does she recover from a 'quitter' stigma to ever be viable politically again?

I mean, if she can't handle the heat of a small governorship, how could she handle higher office?

Is she just going to be a fundraiser/lobbyist/book writer from now on?

07-04-2009, 07:40 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
She could see North Korea from her porch and got scared.

Or maybe it was prosecution she could see coming.
07-04-2009, 07:51 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
She gave a pretty good explanation for it. Lame Ducks usually can't get anything done, or they pull some under handed stuff like Lamar Alexander. Plus, all of the left radicals are costing the state millions making bogus complaints. Once she is no longer Governor, her "gloves" can come off. Letterdork will have to know his subject material before he confuses a 14 year old girl with an 18 year old girl. Plus he will have to get his facts straight and not slander an 18 year old that got pregnant by her boy friend versus the NY Jets like his GF did.

Blue, your explanation is about as scattered and rambling as Palin's 'resignation' speech.

The "gloves can come off" once she's no longer governor? What does that mean?

What will she be able to do now that she couldn't as governor? People work their whole career to become governor so they can affect change - why does it make sense to quit, if it's your goal to change things?

I think she was rattled by the Vanity fair piece and other criticism, couldn't take the heat, and quit.

She sees a good income in the book and speaker circuit waiting, or possibly still fantasizes that she could run for president in '012 - and basically just realizes that she doesn't want to be a governor any more. It's hard. People are mean to her.

This is the person the conservatives thought could run the free world?

07-04-2009, 08:09 AM   #13
Inactive Account

More hominem, Blue! Ad hominem! It's good food for the straw man!
07-04-2009, 08:13 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think what we'll see is her running around agitating among the Religious Right.

The Republican party has been considering her an embarrassment for some time, and her ambitions have basically been rebuffed from that quarter since whatever it was making McCain not want to speak to her. If she stays in office, the corruption she claims it's 'frivolous' to look into really gets exposed, and then she's got nothing.

She's probably going to go concentrate on speaking to the extreme Right and religious fanatics, without all that inconvenient needing-to-be-qualified for-office business in the way, and I'm sure the GOP would just as soon see all that be deniable while they try and repackage their image.
07-04-2009, 08:19 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I never realized you read Vanity Fair.
I don't, and haven't even read the article. In fact, I wasn't even aware that an article existed until I heard this story break yesterday. Now I want to see what it says.

QuoteQuote:
Flip this silly shit for a minute if the Kool-Aide fog will allow it. How would you feel if Vanity Fair and Letterdork went after Michelle O. with the same dogged relentless way they have gone after Gov. Palin?
If M.O. didn't have a law degree, jumped right from small-town mayor to governor, was plucked by a desperate presidential candidate after less than two years as governor from a state the size of Columbus, OH (pop,) to be a heartbeat away from the presidency, wasn't able to hold her own in an interview with Katy Couric, etc, etc... Then I'd say let Mr. Letterdork have at her.

M.O. is the first lady. I don't quite understand your obsession with her at this time, or your comparison of her with Palin.

QuoteQuote:
I bet you would kiss Benito Mussolini's arse if the Democraps put him in the W.H.
No, I'd prefer Fidel Castro, remember? - c'mon, stick to the right-wing-radio talking points here Blue, you're trying to stray from the script!

Closed Thread