Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
07-06-2009, 04:05 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Rice High over time has had a similar pattern of behavior. Irritational exuberance about an up coming camera, then tentative uncertainty about it, and finally disgust and anger that it "doesn't live up to expectations." All of this centers around himself. When the K-7 was coming out and was wonderful, it was because "Pentax finally listened to me." I somehow sense a narcissistic personality disorder.

07-06-2009, 04:06 AM   #17
emr

It seems to me that many people here love to hate RH. They say it's best to just ignore him, but then they read and post in a thread containing his nickname in the title.
07-06-2009, 04:13 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I'm tired of posts from and about RH. I thought we were done with him. Unfortunately some people can't get over him.

(I'm aware of the Irony of feeding the thread I just said I'm tired of)
07-06-2009, 05:11 AM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
I just read through RH's blog entry. While there are many points I can't really agree with, it can not be denied that bang-for-buck-wise Pentax has seriously gone downhill. My own opinion is that K-7 may well be a great and worthwhile upgrade for someone who already has a significant number of high quality Pentax glass. But for someone starting from scratch, the brand may no longer be my recommendation. And personally, while I still buy suitable second hand lenses, I refuse to buy new ones until the company revises their pricing.
truly agree. I still don't understand the new strategy of the new pricing schema.
hopefully, someone closed to pentax's hq can express our concerns.

07-06-2009, 05:12 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
It has to be said: I really miss this schizophrenic guy on this forum. After all his praising, it does not surprise me in the least that he has "extensively tested" the Pentax K-7 and today he declared the Pentax system to be a dead end

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog
I don't know what else you should expect from a Canon employee. I am firmly convinced that, dispite his claims to have been a long time Pentax shooter, that in reality he is nothing more than a stooge from the Canon propaganda department.
07-06-2009, 05:19 AM   #21

RH

if he spent as much time shooting as he has studying the problem he would probably be a much happier person about his pentax system. .... Me, i'm taking my DL and a trio of 5$ ritz clearance sigma lenses and going out for a week of fun with the family
07-06-2009, 05:33 AM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by ricehigh:
In fact, my unsensible sentiments with Pentax and my old glass let me withhold many of my purchase plan with my Canon glass during these two years.
QuoteOriginally posted by ricehigh:
I am now considering to change the name of my this blog to "RiceHigh's Photographic Gear Blog".....
Sad but that is what I am seriously thinking now.. And I think this would mark a full stop to my love and endless and unexplainable enthusiasm....
I just realise that I have not been able to change them much
hahaha gold

07-06-2009, 05:36 AM   #23
Banned

Ricehigh is a clueless Canon troll just like the one that posted the following on the K-7 page on Amazon:
"Apprehendly you have not heard of the Canon MK II DSLR, and in case you don't
know it was already released and selling well too, and by the way, it can be
package with lens or without lens. Your K-7 as you assumed will be coming out
soon in 2 weeks time, still doesn't come with lens package. How good can a DSLR
without a lens? "
07-06-2009, 05:42 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Oh No!

Where will I go to get my daily dose of depression to balance the joy of using my Pentax equipment?
07-06-2009, 05:51 AM   #25
Banned

He really works in Canon's department in China. It's clear as day.
07-06-2009, 06:58 AM   #26
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Ricehigh is a clueless Canon troll just like the one that posted the following on the K-7 page on Amazon:
"Apprehendly you have not heard of the Canon MK II DSLR, and in case you don't
know it was already released and selling well too, and by the way, it can be
package with lens or without lens. Your K-7 as you assumed will be coming out
soon in 2 weeks time, still doesn't come with lens package. How good can a DSLR
without a lens? "
Haha! That's incredible. I have to find that.

And, on the topic of RiceHigh, who cares?
07-06-2009, 07:02 AM   #27
Veteran Member

RH does have a valid point about lens price trends in Pentaxland though.

That recent price trend (up, up, up!) is really doing damage to the marque.
07-06-2009, 07:34 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
I just read through RH's blog entry. While there are many points I can't really agree with, it can not be denied that bang-for-buck-wise Pentax has seriously gone downhill. My own opinion is that K-7 may well be a great and worthwhile upgrade for someone who already has a significant number of high quality Pentax glass. But for someone starting from scratch, the brand may no longer be my recommendation. And personally, while I still buy suitable second hand lenses, I refuse to buy new ones until the company revises their pricing.
I agree with your point. the lens prices are just too much. a then 500-700 dollar DA*16-50 is now worth double the price. I don't think that this has something to do with the economy but more of a price hike due to potential and existing market demand. more of maximizing Pentax profits.

it could be that HOYA is responsible for the price hike eversince it took over Pentax more than a year ago.
07-06-2009, 07:39 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote

Although I haven't had the benefit of trying out a K-7 (it isn't available here, yet) others have, and many whose reviews I've read don't agree with RiceHigh's conclusion that the K-7 marks a "dead-end" for Pentax, so I'm sceptical of the basis on which he makes the assertion.
According to a member of the UK Pentax forum living in Australia he picked his up this morning. LINK
07-06-2009, 07:39 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Did someone actually go on Amazon to write a review of product they were not going to purchase? What the.....!!???

Now that's really pathetic.
Closed Thread