Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #121
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
gorillas don't really 'attack'. at least they are not known to actually attack in most situations. just make a lot of noise. also packs (bands) tend to be no more than 6-7 individuals, which usually only includes one (adult) male.
Baboons on the other hand such as the Gelada baboon will rip your arms off even though they are vegetarian. Especially the dominant male. Most big primates are seriously strong including chimps and orangutans and shouldn't be casually messed with.

07-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #122
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Baboons on the other hand such as the Gelada baboon will rip your arms off even though they are vegetarian. Especially the dominant male. Most big primates are seriously strong including chimps and orangutans and shouldn't be casually messed with.
I guess that's why I instinctively avoid baboons, and certainly never offer one a carrot.

Seriously, a few years ago, my daughter did an internship at the Primate Center in Bastrop, TX working with chimps. Until she told me the nature of these critters, it never dawned on me how dangerous chimps can be.

Jer
07-08-2009, 03:36 PM   #123
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I guess that's why I instinctively avoid baboons, and certainly never offer one a carrot.

Seriously, a few years ago, my daughter did an internship at the Primate Center in Bastrop, TX working with chimps. Until she told me the nature of these critters, it never dawned on me how dangerous chimps can be.

Jer

Pan troglodytes is not so different from Homo sapien in this respect.
07-08-2009, 04:06 PM   #124
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Like me.
Obama '2012... no, Franken '2012

07-08-2009, 04:18 PM   #125
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
Obama '2012... no, Franken '2012
Biden 2012
07-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #126
Veteran Member

In a single page this thread has changed topic 4 times.
07-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #127
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
gorillas don't really 'attack'. at least they are not known to actually attack in most situations. just make a lot of noise. also packs (bands) tend to be no more than 6-7 individuals, which usually only includes one (adult) male.
It's like the Pentaxians.

07-08-2009, 04:56 PM   #128
Veteran Member

Biden 2012
What, no Palin?

I'm going for a walk.
07-08-2009, 06:44 PM   #129
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I could be wrong, but I thought that RiceHigh just got a warning and decided to take his ball and go play somewhere else. Anyway, I have uttmost respect for a man who doesn't really need facts to form an opinion.
07-08-2009, 06:49 PM   #130
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I could be wrong, but I thought that RiceHigh just got a warning and decided to take his ball and go play somewhere else. Anyway, I have uttmost respect for a man who doesn't really need facts to form an opinion.
You must love liberals then.
07-08-2009, 08:14 PM   #131
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Anyway, I have uttmost respect for a man who doesn't really need facts to form an opinion.
he is no worse than people who form an opinion from the mouth of Pentax Marketing Department... I think we have a blog... what is the name... the person who rides a bright red jeep... Yvonne something.
07-09-2009, 04:38 AM   #132
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I guess that's why I instinctively avoid baboons
Jer
Kind of hard to do in my office.
07-09-2009, 04:42 AM   #133
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
he is no worse than people who form an opinion from the mouth of Pentax Marketing Department... I think we have a blog... what is the name... the person who rides a bright red jeep... Yvonne something.

At least Yvonne doesn't write about a camera that he has never used and only held in his hands for 15 minutes. He actually owns and uses the camera he writes and talks about. Huge difference.
07-09-2009, 01:38 PM   #134
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
At least Yvonne doesn't write about a camera that he has never used and only held in his hands for 15 minutes. He actually owns and uses the camera he writes and talks about. Huge difference.
That's debatable. A Corvette owner might insist it outperformed European super cars, but it does not take an European super car owner to figure out it was BS.
07-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #135
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You must love liberals then.

Could you displace that a little more? I can still see you.

Whatever he thought to get out of it, it was often remarked that Ricehigh, while using the previous model to claim Pentax sucked, but of course having 'great hope' for the K-7' (even if he would repeatedly claim deal-killing flaws in the K20 that even an analog person like myself didn't take more than a scroll through the menues to see were extensively-adjustable: like when he said, 'The screen's too bright,' Err... Or you could turn it down? )

Actually, RH was quite Roveian about it all: claim it's an 'attack' when someone calls you on a simple 'fact,' etc etc.

This was predicted. Of course, after spending all that time trying to 'confuse' people by getting them to argue about unreal premises... Of course he now pretends his bad imitation of a fanboy makes him 'objective' about the inevitable conclusion he reveals, 'repentantly' ... that Pentax sucks.

I think the real reason he left was cause it was becoming more and more clear he had never used what he was claiming was so inadequate.

Can't say I've missed him.

If he were *using* the things,
Closed Thread