Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2009, 06:40 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Information Overload?

I realize somethings going to give one of these days... I work on the computer all day, I come home and take pics and work/play on the computer more to relax. etc etc.

At this very moment I've got 15 ie windows open, I'm developing/exporting/uploading pics from lightroom to my website to share with friends and family, whilst simultaneously downloading a crapload of news podcasts, while also transferring music and podcast files to the new mp3 player my wife got me for my birthday - 4GB could almost hold my entire music collection (I know that's probably relatively small considering the size of hard drives these days...)

and I'm talking to my brother on the telephone. Wow. This must be why I take naps sometimes! LOL.

Anyway, I'm sure there's a dozen people who will pop on and best me on how much crap they've got going at once, but it seems like a lot to me.

07-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Well, you've got me beat right now - sitting in an airport boarding area waiting for a plane which will end up being over six hours late... all I'm doing is browsing PF .
07-06-2009, 06:58 PM   #3
graphicgr8s

All I have open is this forum and Photoshop. You have me beat by a longshot
07-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I'm down to 6 now. Nearly half of them are almost always PF threads.
Done on the phone, done synching the music player, done uploading pics.. phew.
I'm going to start getting a handle on this soon. I thought I'd have a better handle on this, being "online" since '94. Guess not!

07-07-2009, 03:58 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
Well, you've got me beat right now - sitting in an airport boarding area waiting for a plane which will end up being over six hours late... all I'm doing is browsing PF .
What are you doing in an airport boarding area? You should just use your chopper (damn your boss).
07-07-2009, 07:19 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
What are you doing in an airport boarding area? You should just use your chopper (damn your boss).
I agree, but the boss wants the machine to stay on contract making money (with a relief pilot) even when I go home for days off... it's a drag .
07-07-2009, 08:27 AM   #7
Veteran Member

To avoid these problems, I don't own, or have any idea how to operate a computer or any other digital device. I have a team of flunkys who handle correspondence for me on sites like this & take photos for me on my digital cameras.
07-07-2009, 02:52 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Film is sublime.

Chris

07-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My computer is broke and in the shop, so I can't do any of those!

I'm at work now. Shhh.
07-07-2009, 06:49 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
My computer is broke and in the shop, so I can't do any of those!

I'm at work now. Shhh.
*alert* *alert* This person should be doing work right now!

07-08-2009, 10:03 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by khardur Quote
I realize somethings going to give one of these days... I work on the computer all day, I come home and take pics and work/play on the computer more to relax. etc etc.

At this very moment I've got 15 ie windows open, I'm developing/exporting/uploading pics from lightroom to my website to share with friends and family, whilst simultaneously downloading a crapload of news podcasts, while also transferring music and podcast files to the new mp3 player my wife got me for my birthday - 4GB could almost hold my entire music collection (I know that's probably relatively small considering the size of hard drives these days...)

and I'm talking to my brother on the telephone. Wow. This must be why I take naps sometimes! LOL.

Anyway, I'm sure there's a dozen people who will pop on and best me on how much crap they've got going at once, but it seems like a lot to me.

Two active OC sessions to a person and a group session (Office Communicator,) Outlook (or "Outbreak",) three Xwindows to three Unix servers, A Cygwin bash shell window, HP Openview, picasa3, this browser.

I work on the computer all day also, 1/2 days from home, so one or more forums is always active even if I only have time to check in a few minutes every couple hours.