Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Got a few spare $$ ?

I was looking on EBay to see what people were asking for their lottery tickets at the Staples Center or the Michael Jackson memorial. Hell one guy was selling his rejection Email from the registration site for a ticket for $100 !!!! Then I learned that EBay and craigslist and Kijiji were banning them from being sold (I heard on the news when they were on it was $10k or something similar)

On the search I then saw some opportunists trying to not only retire , but perhaps buy their own Island somewhere ....

Go to EBay:
Do a search on "Michael Jackson Domains"
Sort on highest price ...

I want to make an offer of $1.00 on a few of them then again that would $0.99 too much

07-08-2009, 02:50 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I guess I'm getting too old, buddy - but this stuff baffles the hell outta me. Yeah, I stood in line for hours for a Stones concert in '71, and Lord knows I've done my share of really dumb stuff, but it'd never occur to me (now or then) to spend these kinds of dollars for a memorial.

I was never interested in Jackson's brand of highly produced pop music, but I'm sad the guy had to go at only 50 (I'm sad that anyone has to go that young).

Jer
07-08-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I guess I'm getting too old, buddy - but this stuff baffles the hell outta me. Yeah, I stood in line for hours for a Stones concert in '71, and Lord knows I've done my share of really dumb stuff, but it'd never occur to me (now or then) to spend these kinds of dollars for a memorial.

I was never interested in Jackson's brand of highly produced pop music, but I'm sad the guy had to go at only 50 (I'm sad that anyone has to go that young).

Jer
I hear ya although I am a fan of his pop stuff but then again I am his age and soooooooo much younger than you haha! I also remember standing in line for hours for tickets the last several concerts there is no line just Web Browsing and click click (the Eagles concert here in March sold out in like 8 minutes we had 5 of us trying and only one got in twice actually) - more frustrating but at least you know right away. We bought two sets of tickets - sold the second set for enough of a profit to pay for some pizza and beer for the 6 of us that went.

Last edited by daacon; 07-08-2009 at 03:09 PM.
07-08-2009, 04:11 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Seems like - now days - everybody is younger than me .

Jer

07-08-2009, 04:16 PM   #5
graphicgr8s

Jer
That's only because everyone is younger than you.

Elvis had way more people anyway.
07-08-2009, 04:22 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I've got a potato that looks a bit like Michael Jackson's profile (during the brief period between his 125th & 126th surgical procedure) if you squint..... I'm willing to let it go for $25,000. I'm going to list it on Ebay, but thought I'd give you guys a chance to bid on it first.
07-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by raymeedc Quote
I've got a potato that looks a bit like Michael Jackson's profile (during the brief period between his 125th & 126th surgical procedure) if you squint..... I'm willing to let it go for $25,000. I'm going to list it on Ebay, but thought I'd give you guys a chance to bid on it first.
do it !!! If a holy grill cheese can sell imagine what a potato would fetch ! Ya gotta strike while the iron is hot man
07-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
That's only because everyone is younger than you.

Elvis had way more people anyway.
I think Princess Di beat them both ....

07-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #9
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
I don't know. They were talking on the news tonight that there were over 75000 people for EAP
07-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #10
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
You would be surprised at how many visitors Jim Morrison's grave gets every year. The French have discussed deporting him.
07-09-2009, 04:08 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Jer
There, there, now. If it makes you feel better, I'm older than you. Old enough to draw full social security no matter how much $$$ I make (although I do get hit with the 60% "windfall" penalty).
07-09-2009, 04:50 AM   #12
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by raymeedc Quote
That's nothing, mate. I've got a bag of chicken livers that look like his face during his 126th procedure.
07-09-2009, 08:16 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Old is a state of mind eh .... I use to think 30 was old , then 40 and then 50 , haviing achieved all those milestones and the fact my Dad is 73 still golfs all the time and still snow birds every winter my 'old' target is now 80 , once I am there I will adjust accordingly
07-09-2009, 08:41 AM   #14
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
You would be surprised at how many visitors Jim Morrison's grave gets every year. The French have discussed deporting him.
that would be a damn shame.
07-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have one of MJ's old noses. It looks like a dried nectarine - only whitish. Buy it Now for only $1,000,000 and I'll throw in the 'other' glove that he never wore but is the mate to the one he did wear.