Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2009, 08:17 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Why does she deserve a plane but none of the other speakers did?And he asked for the larger plane but she was the one fighting for a plane to start with. Why can't she use military transport like all previous speakers?
No. All speakers are, and have been, entitled to military transport, and because she needs to travel to California a smaller plane would have to make a refueling stop. Since this presents a security problem in the current climate (she is, after all, 3rd in line for the presidency - another reason why you should wish Obama and Biden good health), the people in charge of security recommended and obtained a larger, longer-range plane. Simple, uh?

07-10-2009, 08:24 AM   #17
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by slomojoe Quote
No. All speakers are, and have been, entitled to military transport, and because she needs to travel to California a smaller plane would have to make a refueling stop. Since this presents a security problem in the current climate (she is, after all, 3rd in line for the presidency - another reason why you should wish Obama and Biden good health), the people in charge of security recommended and obtained a larger, longer-range plane. Simple, uh?
But she has the Botox One. No other speaker has had their own plane available to them. They had to wait for military craft. Why is she so "special" She's better than Newt? Not in this lifetime or the next 5.

She wants it. She gets it. And now with a liberal house and a Marxist president she gets whatever.

And thanks for the email reply. Why do I get the feeling I am going to be sorry you're back?
07-10-2009, 08:29 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Why do I get the feeling I am going to be sorry you're back?
Maybe because I regularly spank your hiney in these friendly little arguments we have?
07-10-2009, 08:58 AM   #19
Veteran Member

She's better than Newt?
absolutely...

07-10-2009, 09:04 AM   #20
graphicgr8s

Maybe because I regularly spank your hiney in these friendly little arguments we have?
Yeah right. You only do that because you will not accept any research from conservative think tanks. Well I accept no research from the liberal side.
07-10-2009, 09:05 AM   #21
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
absolutely...
She's not even better than a dog turd on the street.
07-10-2009, 09:31 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Yeah right. You only do that because you will not accept any research from conservative think tanks. Well I accept no research from the liberal side.
I accept research from whatever source, if it's based on evidence and facts. Unlike most conservatives, however, I don't accept opinion as evidence, and do not blindly believe any rumor I hear just because it supports a position I may hold. (This Pelosi airplane rumor being a perfect case in point: did you even consider to double-check the WT claims? )

07-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #23
Veteran Member

She's not even better than a dog turd on the street.
Classy. However, unlike Newt, Pelosi was never on the receiving end of a quasi-unanimous Congressional reprimand on ethics violations, was not exposed as a moral hypocrite for railing against Clinton's sexual dalliances after divorcing his cancer-stricken first wife for a younger woman, and never had to resign the Speakership when his plummeting public approval level lost him the confidence of his own party.
07-10-2009, 10:05 AM   #24
graphicgr8s

Classy. However, unlike Newt, Pelosi was never on the receiving end of a quasi-unanimous Congressional reprimand on ethics violations, was not exposed as a moral hypocrite for railing against Clinton's sexual dalliances after divorcing his cancer-stricken first wife for a younger woman, and never had to resign the Speakership when his plummeting public approval level lost him the confidence of his own party.
Ya ever notice that when a republican screws around on his wife or does something stupid he steps down. Meanwhile when it's a liberal they go kicking and screaming. Like Blago trying to auction off the Obama's seat. And Clinton disgraced the White House and fought it. Like Frank straight out lying to the American people and the President. And Kennedy as a murderer. And Edwards cheating on his cancer stricken wife. And Madame Botox costing us so much money. And all the libs with the global warming hoax. And the Obama trying to finish the US economy with his spending and "green" crap.
07-10-2009, 10:55 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Kennedy a murderer, huh?
07-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Kennedy a murderer, huh?
I am guessing this is in refrence to the chapquidick "accident" back when he was a junior senator. He went off the road and crashed his car into a "river" that was just deep enough to reach the top of the roof on the car. His girlfriend was in the car and he conviently forgot to tell anyone about the accident until the next morning after he had sobered up. The poor girl did not escape the accident and medical exams showed that she did infact drown. Kennedy was never charged with anything regarding her death or failure to report the accident even.
07-10-2009, 11:45 AM   #27
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
I am guessing this is in refrence to the chapquidick "accident" back when he was a junior senator. He went off the road and crashed his car into a "river" that was just deep enough to reach the top of the roof on the car. His girlfriend was in the car and he conviently forgot to tell anyone about the accident until the next morning after he had sobered up. The poor girl did not escape the accident and medical exams showed that she did infact drown. Kennedy was never charged with anything regarding her death or failure to report the accident even.
Things disappear when Daddy has enough money.
07-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #28
Damn Brit

Things disappear when Daddy has enough money.
Yeah, like billions of dollars of our money in Iraq over the last seven years.

Thanks for having him GHW... NOT!
07-10-2009, 12:45 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Ya ever notice that when a republican screws around on his wife or does something stupid he steps down. Meanwhile when it's a liberal they go kicking and screaming. Like Blago trying to auction off the Obama's seat. And Clinton disgraced the White House and fought it. Like Frank straight out lying to the American people and the President. And Kennedy as a murderer. And Edwards cheating on his cancer stricken wife. And Madame Botox costing us so much money. And all the libs with the global warming hoax. And the Obama trying to finish the US economy with his spending and "green" crap.
I am not going to comment on the subsequent series of non- and half-truths, but as far as Gingrich goes, he in fact did not resign after being reprimanded by the House for ethics violations (in January 1997). He resigned almost 2 years later (after the '98 elections), when it became obvious that he was going to be pushed aside by the party because he had become a political liability. A purely opportunistic move, both from him and from the rest of the GOP.

So your argument fails right there, before it even started.
07-10-2009, 12:49 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Not to mention that Sanford is still resisting stepping down (as he should, IMO, unless he squandered taxpayer money pursuing his affair).