Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
graphicgr8s

Nancy Pelosi

Well what do you know. graphicgr8s is going to say something POSITIVE about the Botox Queen.

Just read where she is nixing the Michael Jackson Resolution:

QuoteQuote:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi shut the door Thursday to a resolution honoring Michael Jackson because debate on the symbolic measure could raise "contrary views" about the pop star's life.

Lawmakers are free to use House speeches "to express their sympathy or their praise any time that they wish," said Pelosi, D-Calif. "I don't think it's necessary for us to have a resolution."

A resolution sponsored by Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, cites some of the singer's charitable acts and proclaims him an American legend, musical icon and world humanitarian.

Even before Pelosi's comments, some Democrats said privately they did not support the resolution and a divisive debate would hurt House efforts to muster the votes for priorities such as health care and climate change.

Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., who posted a video on YouTube calling Michael Jackson a "pervert" and a "pedophile," has pledged to do all he could to block the resolution.

Michael Jackson was acquitted in 2005 of charges that he molested a 13-year-old boy. Those allegations, and his admission that children slept in his bed at his home but nothing sexual occurred, have led some members of Congress to put distance between themselves and any formal honor for the entertainer.

"A resolution, I think, would open up to contrary views to _ that are not necessary at this time to be expressed in association with a resolution whose purpose is quite different," Pelosi said at a Capitol Hill news conference where she discussed various legislative matters.

Unbowed, Jackson Lee said she will seek support from colleagues who thanked her when she introduced the measure June 26, one day after Michael Jackson died. She said honorary resolutions don't often "pass the next day."

"On this floor we elevate people and doing that we have to work to tell your story," she said after a House vote. But she would need support from Democratic leadership for the resolution to advance to the full House from the committee where it is now.

When members of the Congressional Black Caucus held a moment of silence in the House after Jackson died June 25, some lawmakers walked out of the chamber.
Jackson Lee has pledged that the resolution, now before the House Foreign Affairs Committee where she is a member, would come to the full House for debate. Such honorary measures normally move quickly from committee to the full House and pass on a voice vote.

But Jackson Lee's resolution was in trouble early. It drew only one co-sponsor, Rep. Diane Watson, D-Calif., and was not endorsed by other black caucus members.

From the stage at Jackson's memorial Tuesday at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, Jackson Lee hoisted a framed copy of the resolution.
Well it's a start anyway. Now if she could put the kabosh on all the other stupid legislatioin coming from her and her ilk.

07-09-2009, 04:31 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well said!
07-09-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
Damn Brit

When I finally picked myself up off the floor, I saw the last sentence. I knew it was too good to be true.
07-09-2009, 05:10 PM   #4
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
When I finally picked myself up off the floor, I saw the last sentence. I knew it was too good to be true.

07-09-2009, 08:04 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Well what do you know. graphicgr8s is going to say something POSITIVE about the Botox Queen.
See that didn't hurt a bit.
07-09-2009, 08:21 PM   #6
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike L Quote
See that didn't hurt a bit.
Hey when they get it right I say so. When they're wrong, well, you know.
07-09-2009, 08:30 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Just read where she is nixing the Michael Jackson Resolution:

Well it's a start anyway. Now if she could put the kabosh on all the other stupid legislatioin coming from her and her ilk.
"her ilk" being all politicians regardless of party affiliation!

07-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #8
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
"her ilk" being all politicians regardless of party affiliation!
Most of them there are of her party. Those that aren't are RINOs. All except a few. Very few.
07-10-2009, 06:57 AM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I dislike how Pelosi is costing taxpayers $6 Million per year for her plane trips.

Pelosi's plane costs to California and back? - Yahoo! Answers

QuoteQuote:
Queen Pelosi * Madame Pelosi wasn't happy with the small private jet that comes with the
Speaker's job...no, Madame Pelosi was aggravated that this little jet had to
Stop to refuel, so she ordered a Big Fat 200 seat jet that could get her
Back to California without stopping!

Many, many legislators walked by and grinned with glee as Joe informed
Everyone that's Nancy's Big Fat Jet costs us, the hard working American
Tax payers, thousands of gallons of fuel every week.

Since she only works 3 days a week, this gas guzzling jet gets fueled and
She flies home to California, cost to the taxpayers of about $60,000, one
Way!
As Joe put it, 'Unfortunately we have to pay to bring her back on Monday
Night.' Cost to us another $60,000.

Folks, that is $480,000 per month and that is an annual cost to the taxpayers
Of $5,760,000. No wonder she complains about the cost of this war...it might
Cramp her style and she is styling, on my back and yours.

I think of the military families in this country doing without and this woman,
Who heads up the most do-nothing Congress in the history of this country,
Keeps fueling that jet while doing nothing.

Madame Pelosi wants you and me to conserve our carbon footprint. She
Wants us to buy smaller cars .

Keep in mind the figures above do NOT include cost of plane or crew,
Just fuel!
07-10-2009, 07:24 AM   #10
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by tomwil Quote
I dislike how Pelosi is costing taxpayers $6 Million per year for her plane trips.

Pelosi's plane costs to California and back? - Yahoo! Answers
Could you imagine if Newt Gingrich had ordered a plane like she did?
07-10-2009, 07:49 AM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

The truth about Pelosi's plane (not that it matters one bit to the right-wing noise machine, of course):
House security chief: Pelosi didn't ask for plane; I did.
07-10-2009, 07:58 AM   #12
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by slomojoe Quote
The truth about Pelosi's plane (not that it matters one bit to the right-wing noise machine, of course):
Hey Glad your back around buddy!!!!
07-10-2009, 08:01 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Hey Glad your back around buddy!!!!
Thanks, I took a little vacation. Glad to see things haven't changed a bit here...
07-10-2009, 08:04 AM   #14
graphicgr8s

Why does she deserve a plane but none of the other speakers did? And he asked for the larger plane but she was the one fighting for a plane to start with. Why can't she use military transport like all previous speakers?
07-10-2009, 08:04 AM   #15
graphicgr8s

Thanks, I took a little vacation. Glad to see things haven't changed a bit here...
Don't remember authorizing that. Damn Brit was looking for your help a few days ago.