Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2009, 10:18 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Don't forget tomorrow is 7/11....get your free Slurpee at 7/11

Time to be a kid again...I guess 7/11 has been dowing this for quite some time now. But every year on 7/11 they give away a 7.11oz Slurpee if you stop in...

I know it's silly, but if it is HOT wherever you are, then what the heck get a free Slurpee and rediscover the joy that is "The Brain Freeze"!!!

Slurp on at 7-Eleven on Saturday | California Consumer | Los Angeles Times

Oh, and for the non-US folks....bummer for you!! hehehehe...just joshing!! Not sure if they have non-US stores but hey, might be worth a check just to feel silly and goofy, you know, like when we were all 7...

BTW, I can't remember the last time I had a Slurpee...even the thought of all that suger makes my teeth hurt!! Now, splash a bit of rum and/or tequila in there and we can talk....or some good Old Gentleman Jack in a Coke flavored Slurpee...yeeeehaaaaw!

07-10-2009, 10:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Double Dog Dare....

QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
I know it's silly, but if it is HOT wherever you are, then what the heck get a free Slurpee and rediscover the joy that is "The Brain Freeze"!!!
K-7...video....you down one in less than 30 seconds....then post....

if you do it....I'll order you a genuine PentaxForums bumper sticker.....if ya don't make it.........we get to watch....

"double dog dare ya"....
07-10-2009, 10:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
K-7...video....you down one in less than 30 seconds....then post....

if you do it....I'll order you a genuine PentaxForums bumper sticker.....if ya don't make it.........we get to watch....

"double dog dare ya"....
hahahahaha...THAT is FUNNY....I do have an OLD Sony DSC-S70 that indeed does video with sound, VGA video but it does do video!! hehehehe...if I can get down there tomorrow I might just do that....but I can feel it already.
07-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Oh, and for the non-US folks....bummer for you!! hehehehe...just joshing!! Not sure if they have non-US stores but hey, might be worth a check just to feel silly and goofy, you know, like when we were all 7...
Nope, they don't have 7/11 stores here in Canada, although we have something similar, called the 5/8 store.

7/11 got the name since the first store was open from 7am, till 11pm.
However since we're on the metric system our clocks only go up to 10.
So it only made sense that they called the Canadian stores 5/8, to reflect on our clock.

Every May 8th we get free Sno Cones

07-11-2009, 10:39 PM   #5
Damn Brit

When I went in my local 7/11 and saw the size of the cups they were issuing, I decided it wasn't worth the walk to the machine.
07-12-2009, 06:02 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Nope, they don't have 7/11 stores here in Canada, although we have something similar, called the 5/8 store.

So it only made sense that they called the Canadian stores 5/8, to reflect on our clock.

Ironically they actually don't have 7/11 in Halifax, but I can't find this 5/8 store either! To compensate for this lack of 7/11 we Haligonians import our drug fix from London
07-12-2009, 06:04 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote

Oh, fun....but just a question? Given the latitude of Canookia, do the just save the snow from the winter for the snow cones? hehehehehe.....I am soooooo, sorry, I am in SoCal where if we see a 1.2cm of rain drives have 99-car pile ups on the highways and in sunny weather the soccer mom's need a full size SUV with 4-wheel drive to run to the grocery store and negotiate that 4&#deg; incline in their driveway. Plus we have a buddy in Toronto who we tease about the weather all the time, though the better half has a place in Seattle so there is a lot of time spent in both...dunno how they live without any sun....

btw, what is a 5/8 Store? I tried a Google search and only found some reference about a forums with a web-store that was a 5/8 Store.

Oh, if it helps I LOVE watching 'Corner Gas'. I dunno why but that show cracks me up...a lot. And Red Green is my hero!! hehehehe....

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
When I went in my local 7/11 and saw the size of the cups they were issuing, I decided it wasn't worth the walk to the machine.
Now you 'old' fuddy-duddy!! It's 7.11 ounces not a Super Big Gulp bucket-o-slurpee fer goodness sakes!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote

Ironically they actually don't have 7/11 in Halifax, but I can't find this 5/8 store either! To compensate for this lack of 7/11 we Haligonians import our drug fix from London
I'm am not sure I even wanna know...hahaha....what 'fix' do ya import from London? Or should I be afraid? Treacle? I swear a pint can of that will last me 2-yrs...love the taste but daaaaang is it sweet!

True funny story...when I sold my Canon gear, my flash went to a really nice guy in Halifax. Believe it or not Halifax is one of those places I always wanted to visit just to see first hand. I have a sense I would like it there. Would not likely be able to handle the cold because of the RA but still I think I would like the life there.

Whenever I think of 7-11 I always associated Apu and his Kwik-e-mart. And I even have the Kwik-e-mart button down shirt because it cracks me up so much...plus there was always the episode where Bart & Milhouse 'use' that all syrup Squishee...

Despite that 'Damn Brit's" turd-in-a-punch-bowl 'tude...glad this thread seemed to give a few folks a giggle or two!!
07-12-2009, 06:45 PM   #8
Damn Brit

Now you 'old' fuddy-duddy!! It's 7.11 ounces not a Super Big Gulp bucket-o-slurpee fer goodness sakes!!

The cups were probably about 4 ounces. The exact same ones I use to rinse my mouth out at the dentist.

07-12-2009, 08:37 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Oh, fun....but just a question? Given the latitude of Canookia, do the just save the snow from the winter for the snow cones? hehehehehe.....I am soooooo, sorry, I am in SoCal where if we see a 1.2cm of rain drives have 99-car pile ups on the highways and in sunny weather the soccer mom's need a full size SUV with 4-wheel drive to run to the grocery store and negotiate that 4&#deg; incline in their driveway. Plus we have a buddy in Toronto who we tease about the weather all the time, though the better half has a place in Seattle so there is a lot of time spent in both...dunno how they live without any sun....
Although I live in Canada I live in the Semi-Desert, with an actual desert just a short drive away.
So like you we get very little snow, or rain here. Plus the summers can be pretty hot to some people.
And also like there so many people need their 4wd SUV's, which will never see any mud or dirt.

QuoteQuote:
btw, what is a 5/8 Store? I tried a Google search and only found some reference about a forums with a web-store that was a 5/8 Store.
There really isn't a 5/8 store that I'm aware of. Yes we do have 7/11 stores, and I go there from time to time when I want something fast and affordable to eat. Their fried chicken is the best, around here.
From what I understand 7/11 really did get their name from their hours, so I based my imaginary stores name on that fact, and this comedy act.

QuoteQuote:
Oh, if it helps I LOVE watching 'Corner Gas'. I dunno why but that show cracks me up...a lot. And Red Green is my hero!! hehehehe....
Corner Gas isn't my cup of tea, however I love the Red Green Show
07-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Oh shoot...It's Andi Lo in Nova Scotia!! You are in BC...I LOVE BC...totally different weather for sure. The better half's dad is in Spokane so, yup, there is desert in that part of the globe...kinda weird but, in stretches, it gets as hot there as in Fresno, CA or anywhere in the San Joaquin Valley for that matter. Difference I suppose for you is in Spokane they actually do get a fair bit of snow in the winter.

Red Green just cracks me up no end. Maybe because of the affinity for Duct Tape!! hehehehe...and I have no clue why I enjoy Corner Gas, perhaps because it is not over done and it's totally stiff and corny(?) but for some reason it's fun for me.

OK...nooooow I get it!! I watched the video...20hr clock thing...shows how, ummmm, great the US ed-u-ma-cation system really is....getting people to fall for that one is funny!! And entire separate set of physical laws just for Cananda....hahahaha...thanks...

I am not sure what the origin of the 7/11 name but I suspect that would be the case. Though I can't ever recall one not being open 24hrs, even in this mud hole of a town I am from.

Note: OK, I had to check the Wiki about the 7-11 name...and yup it was because of their "extended hours. But they began waaaaay back when in the late 1920s actually and just evolved over time into the largest chain store company anywhere. Today they are, of course, owned by a Japanese Corp. I am not certain if all the stores are corporate owned or the majority are still franchised. All I know is if a person owns one it is like a license to print money. Sort of like a gas station anymore.

7-Eleven - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gary:

Maybe your 7/11 is the one actually run by Apu? Only 4oz cups???!!!, what a buncha BS...geeze!! One of our neighbors is actually the manager of the 7/11 here and dreads the special promo days. Just awful for the staff from what I hear...and I have learned the Kwik-e-mart jokes are a tad 'old' to them as well. Now I enjoy torturing them with those though.
07-13-2009, 06:37 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I was in BC for four years before I came to NS I miss BC's nice weather but when it's bad I really prefer NS (at least it's almost never pouring rain).

I just checked and in Halifax I don't think we actually have any London Drugs either... I confused it with the other convenience stores (shoppers and lawton's) :b
07-13-2009, 09:20 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
NS I miss BC's nice weather but when it's bad I really prefer NS (at least it's almost never pouring rain).
You've never spent much time in the Okanagan then. Our worst rain storms don't compare to the gentle showers most other places.
However our Lightning can rival that of the Prairies.

QuoteQuote:
I just checked and in Halifax I don't think we actually have any London Drugs either...
London Drugs is a Western Canadian thing. I believe they have one or 2 in Winnipeg now, so it's slowly coming to you.