Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2009, 08:48 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats! I have 2 sons....12 months and 6 years....tons of work but nothing could be better. Don't know if it your first....but in case it is....every stage has a challenge..the first 12 months are a blur....no sleep and can be stressful....but great. One year old you start to get those looks from him like "I get it....from jokes...or just connecting....there is interaction.... My 6 year old and I set off estes rockets.....we had a major mishap with fireworks last halloween (It's a BC Canada thing)......it's so cool. Life style change but it ends up being you'll like it.

I had one in Canada and one in the US btw....good mix and oddly enough....both health care systems have the same issue but from different reasons.....

07-18-2009, 09:45 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Congrats to you and your wife/partner as this is a story of never giving up whats important in life is to give birth to life

cheers
07-18-2009, 09:56 PM   #18
Damn Brit

I've been contemplating giving you an infraction for not telling everyone sooner but I know you had your reasons.
So I think I'll just give you an official "CONGRATULATIONS" to go with the private one
I gave you earlier.
I just hope I'm not still a moderator when he picks up a camera, I couldn't handle two of you.
07-18-2009, 10:10 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Well congratulations!
Buckle up, this ride is serious.

07-18-2009, 10:36 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Very happy for you

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Thank you all. We had to do IVF. It was a 50-50 chance of success and we had funds for 1 time. He can never say he wasn't wanted, that's for sure. I've got 2 friends that have gone thru it themselves and were not as fortunate. 1 has done it 2 times so far and will try a third next year.
It was a c-section and I have pictures to prove it. The doctors did tell me not to look over the sterile curtain but I still did. They're afraid the father will pass out. Not me. In fact as they were closing her up they let me have a little hand in it. I tell you it's fascinating. I know that there are a lot of birth announcements on our forum. I know that children are born everyday. Usually to people a lot younger than us though. And if we were still in our 20's I have to admit I don't think it would be all that special. But I'm older. And for those that think I have no emotions, and I generally don't (my wife has a complaint about that) I can't even describe the emotion I felt when I saw them pull him out. Butt first.
All the nurses at the hospital were saying how cute and all that kind of stuff. My response of course is thanks but you guys say that to everyone. We were in the OB's office for a checkup on the wife. I'm sitting there looking at all the pictures of the kids she's delivered. I look over at my wife and said to her that if George IV picture was up there I wouldn't be able to pick him out of the line up. She laughed. She was thinking the same thing.

Yves, you can forget about my posts taming down. I have something to fight for now.

I have been blessed throughout my life. May 8 God gave me the greatest blessing I could ever receive. And I am so thankful to Him.

Can't wait to bail him out of jail for the first time.

Congrats! I have a shot of my little guy in some huge tongs in the middle of a C-section procedure, but the anesthetist suggested that it was OK to take a shot over the curtain (iphone.)

But congrats, truly, and when you guys get 'out of jail' the true joy begins - your home becomes a new, special place, filled with wonder. As the months go by, you'll start to realize that your little guy is showing you the world just as much as you're showing it to him.

07-19-2009, 04:17 AM   #21
Veteran Member

congratulations!
07-19-2009, 06:24 AM   #22
Inactive Account

Congratulations. Being a parent is one of the most demanding and rewarding things one can do on this planet.

07-19-2009, 07:36 AM   #23
Veteran Member

... I can't even describe the emotion I felt when I saw them pull him out. Butt first.
And that's when the nurse said:
"Hey, he looks just like dad!"

Congratulations again, man. I don't know if you'll have to bail him out of jail, but I can assure you he's going to push every button you have, and more. They all do.
07-19-2009, 07:38 AM   #24
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Belated congrats are in order.
Reading through your post, I thought it strange you expressed no concern when describing the need for your wife to have to go to theatre to treat her hypertension...

Don't be too quick to bail the boy out of jail - he may take advantage of his status as a 'miracle child' and take your unconditional love for granted!
07-19-2009, 12:15 PM   #25
graphicgr8s

Thank you all.
Slo, You're funny! HaHA
Heather, Thank you so much. Christians sometimes think God isn't listening or that he's saying NO. Sometimes He says "Not just yet" and that's what He said to us. I have no fears of the future with my son. God wouldn't have given him to us if we couldn't handle it.

No cord cutting for me. It just kinda happened so fast.

And I was worried. After they took him over to the warmer and did their thing they brought him over to me to hold. I held him and showed him to my wife. Once I knew he was ok I gave him back to the tech and concentrated on my wife. Easing her worry as much as possible. But it was cool to see how they put all that junk back in.

My boy will be spoiled. I've resigned myself to that fact. He's also going to be an only child. But and this is a BIG BUT he will not be a spoiled brat. He does wrong he'll go get the switch I hit him with. And after that I will give him all the love I can.

Gary, I just realized I never gave you the proper receptions. CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALSO. I think I'll find your thread and say it there.
07-19-2009, 12:30 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations!!!
07-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #27
Veteran Member

I thought knew mine pretty well. Well I literally know her inside out. On May 8 I had to take her to the hospital. We were in triage with monitors all over her. Doctor comes in and tells us she has no explanation as to why her blood pressure was going so high. "We need to go in and operate. Today. In two hours." Well I am sort of familiar with the doctors there and they said I could actually watch the operation. In the OR. They gave her an epidural because they needed her awake for the procedure. they told me I couldn't actually watch them cutting. Yeah right I love watching that stuff on tv you think I wouldn't look?

Here's what I saw
User Photo Gallery - People
Congrads on the baby. We also had ours yesterday as well. So there will be two new Pentaxian with the same bday.
07-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I thought knew mine pretty well. Well I literally know her inside out. On May 8 I had to take her to the hospital. We were in triage with monitors all over her. Doctor comes in and tells us she has no explanation as to why her blood pressure was going so high. "We need to go in and operate. Today. In two hours." Well I am sort of familiar with the doctors there and they said I could actually watch the operation. In the OR. They gave her an epidural because they needed her awake for the procedure. they told me I couldn't actually watch them cutting. Yeah right I love watching that stuff on tv you think I wouldn't look?

Here's what I saw
User Photo Gallery - People
....and now your gonna tell us you got no idea how that got there either .....

Congratulations, may he be the first of many.

Cheers
07-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Wow -- babies EVERYWHERE! This is a fertile forum indeed.

Congrats and get some rest. If you're gone too long I may get used to opening the General section again.

All the best!
07-19-2009, 09:01 PM   #30
Forum Member

Are we cuttin again..?

Congrats to both of you.
This takes me back though.
I was working in a busy hospital in Africa with an even busier maternity section. We young interns were all thrown into the deep end - non of us trained surgeons or gynae's and we sure had to learn fast..
I must have done close to 200 C-sections in my six months there. Exhausting and nerve-wracking at times, but we tried hard to make it fun.
Reading your post made me realize again that it was probably the miracle of life, and the joy that it brings to people, that sustained us.
We tend sometimes to forget how blessed we are....