Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2007, 02:48 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A Letter to Jeff Davis

I am afraid that I addressed him as John. I am sorry for that...as I have already sent it to him via the internal message service at Pentax Forums and cannot correct the error.

Hello John;

I know you will find this hard to fathom, but I really do have a profound respect for you and all you have to offer. As I said to another member. You have been so generous in your sharing of knowledge and it affects me profoundly that our chemistry is such that we cannot communicate with one another. I know and understand why you have difficulty dealing with me. You are not the first person I have met that have an aversion to my personality.

You made some rather profound statements the other evening about the importance of being critical of information being administered and how important it is to be discerning and vigilant in coming to conclusions regarding specific issues without having solid data to back up those claims.

Well, I agree with you John. You are without a doubt so far in advance of my technical savvy and as a result, I can understand why you probably cringe when listening to some of my advice to others. In simplistic terms my MO is more practical than scientific. I know that I am handicapped in certain areas of expertise and don't deny that.

I am just saddened by the chain of events that have occurred and the subsequent result. Sometimes we just have to try to be a bit more empathetic of our different circumstances and realize that what we all want on the most base and simple level is love, respect, acknowledgment of our accomplishments, compassion and a sense of belonging.

I sincerely regret all that has transpired and feel that your absence here would be profoundly missed.

Kindest Regards
Benjamin Kanarek

Last edited by benjikan; 05-07-2007 at 02:54 PM.
05-07-2007, 09:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

There are few things that are more painful than seeing the passing of those we love. Mortality is bewildering and humbling. If John or Beth reads this, he should know that while you can't pick your relatives, you can pick your friends. I hope he returns to this forum.

I have no other words for John, except to pass on to him something that was passed on to me...

"May the Gods stand between you and harm, in all the dark places you are destined to walk."
- Ancient Egyptian blessing
05-08-2007, 01:53 AM   #3
Inactive Account

This is a good thing. I to think it would be a profound loss to lose a member with his Tech experience. Since both of you have come to an understanding and have seen each other in a different light (some times it takes walking in the others shoes) It will be good to see everyone responding as a forum and not the in fighting that there was.
It was good for both of you and also good for the forum. Congrats to both, and now lets get back to business and hope a friendship develops.
05-08-2007, 02:09 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank You David

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
This is a good thing. I to think it would be a profound loss to lose a member with his Tech experience. Since both of you have come to an understanding and have seen each other in a different light (some times it takes walking in the others shoes) It will be good to see everyone responding as a forum and not the in fighting that there was.
It was good for both of you and also good for the forum. Congrats to both, and now lets get back to business and hope a friendship develops.
Hear Hear...

For John;

I will not say be strong. I will say little about your experience as it is yours and only yours. It is your own personal journey as it was mine recently with both of my parents. Words can only numb or suppress the emotion, as there aren't any that can express the multiplicity of emotions that you are feeling at this moment in time.

It is a passage...

Ben