Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Helluva Story, but no pic

...so a few months back I was on the Burrard St. bridge (in Vancouver), taking some sunset shots with my tripod. After I was done, around 9pm, I was walking home and through a residential part of downtown.

I come across a motorcycle parallel parked on the street in front of a building. It's not just any motorcycle, but a Suzuki Hayabusa - a 1300cc crotch-rocket which is known to be the fastest production bike in the world. Regardless, it has a pretty cool design on the side and I decided to take a snap.

Because it was dark, I needed my tripod so I started setting it up and reaching for my camera bag when all of a sudden, a Pontiac pulls up right next to me and the bike. I realized that it looked as though I was packing up my things to get on the bike and take off... where in reality it wasn't even mine.

So I start waving to say "this isn't my bike" and the woman doesn't even acknowledge me. She pull up a little further as though to back into the spot and I'm still waving... what doesn't she understand?

Much to my surprise, she puts the car into park and gets out of the vehicle. Note that her car is in the middle of the lane now. She walks over furiously punching numbers into her cell phone.

At this point, I'm telling her to her face: "lady, this isn't my bike! I'm not leaving". Keep in mind I have my tripod set up on one side of the bike.

She then connects her call and doesn't even pay attention to me and starts yelling "get down here right now!!!" I'm thinking "oh sh*t, this chick's gotta boyfriend who owns this ride and is gonna come down and kick my ass because i'm taking pictures of it"

Once I thought that, I was like "I haven't even taken a picture yet!"

She ignores me completely. She then walks up to the other side of the bike and what happened next completely caught me off guard. (Just know that we're each standing within arms length of each other, on either side of the bike)...

She then takes her big ol' keychain with a bunch of keys hangin off it, raises it over her head and then smashes the keys on the bike, literally scratching up the paint on the tank.

I'm thinking this woman is insane. I just stood there like a goon.

Then some tall guy runs out of the building next to me holding a motorcycle helmet, wearing a leather jacket yelling "Babe! Babe! What are you doing?!?!!?"

Then she yells back "Why didn't you tell me you'd be here? You lied to me!!!!"

I just realized I had been caught in the middle of some other dude getting caught!

At this point, I'm standing 3 ft away trying to unlock my tripod legs as quick as possible and slowly backed away to let them resolve their domestic disturbance.

So I backed out of that situation I had a front row seat with and didn't even get one good picture... not ONE!

---

Anyway, it goes to show that even thought I didn't get the right colors at the sunset, a photographer's boring night can easily take a 180...

07-23-2009, 02:34 AM   #2
Damn Brit

Not exactly what we mean by photo stories, this should be in General Talk.
07-23-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for moving