Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2009, 08:30 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
nowadays you pay extra to get colours other than black. funny how things change. by the way, welcome to the forums malkin.
Oh god, you are one of those guys looking for a chrome ES II.

07-29-2009, 08:33 PM   #17
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by malkin Quote
I pretty much belong in off topic anyway.

And this wasn't my first online sex-change

Does anyone else remember when you had to pay extra to get BLACK cameras?
When I saw that come up, I wasn't going to touch it because I couldn't read that from what you wrote.

D.B. IS off topic by the way. Bud don't worry about him for a while. Someone put an alligator in his bathtub! Plus he is sleep deprived.
07-30-2009, 12:57 PM   #18
DAZ
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You're right, it was orignally in post in EE, then moved to GT by Gary. I will reverse the infraction.

Regarding the actual system:

The infraction system is an easy way for the moderators to notify users of violation of site rules. There are preconfigured messages for spamming, invalid marketplace posts, insulting other members, etc. An infraction may also be issued as a warning, in which case no 'points' are actually added to your profile.

Each infraction expires after a certain number of days, and once it does, the points from your profile are removed. It at any time you accumulate a total of 10 points, you will be banned until your points expire and fall below 10. Some infractions (i.e. 'Spamming upon registration') never expire, and can thus be used for easy permanent bans for spam bots.

Only you and the site staff can see infractions. The purpose of the system is to issue notifications, as well as keep track of users with a significant troublemaking history.

I may in the future re-word some of the infraction PM templates, as they do tend to come off a little bit harsh, IMO.
Interesting Adam as I did not know any of this but not having a reason to know it may be a good thing. If the moderators are going to give demerits then maybe they should give out brownie points only make it so everyone can see those. Then maybe you can have, lets say, 10 brownie points make up for 1 demerit. Positive reinforcements are just as important as negative reinforcements.

DAZ
07-30-2009, 03:34 PM   #19

Original Poster
Ebay used to give out little goodies and awards to helpful posters on their boards. They didn't cancel out your "pink-slaps" or "mod-slaps" though, and you could get a 3-day, 7-day, 30-day or permanent suspension depending on how notty you were in how short of a time period.

Of course they only suspended people from the Forums, not the profit making of buying and selling.

07-30-2009, 06:15 PM   #20
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
D.B. IS off topic by the way. Bud don't worry about him for a while. Someone put an alligator in his bathtub! Plus he is sleep deprived.
My mum used bathe with crocodiles when she was a kid.

Darwin's a funny place.
07-31-2009, 10:07 AM   #21

Original Poster
Did they name it Darwin because you had to be fit to survive there?
07-31-2009, 07:59 PM   #22
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by malkin Quote
Did they name it Darwin because you had to be fit to survive there?
Darwin is a fine University town. The practical fashion there would shock Paris into the middle of last century.