Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
graphicgr8s

What do you do...

when your TV goes out and it takes 3-5 business days to get a new satellite receiver? It's been 2 hours already. How am I gonna make it?
Please help!

07-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
when your TV goes out and it takes 3-5 business days to get a new satellite receiver? It's been 2 hours already. How am I gonna make it?
Please help!
Hulu? ...and 10 char...
07-30-2009, 06:14 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Please help!

You're on a photography forum. Doesn't that give you just a tiny hint?

Honestly, some people...
07-30-2009, 06:37 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, I don't have a tv, so I don't know if I'm going to be much help, but comedycentral.com lets you watch full episodes of both "The Daily Show" AND "The Colbert Report"

07-30-2009, 06:45 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Please help!
Don't worry, we'll keep you informed. Today, apart from the passing of a nationalized health care bill by both the House and Senate, the abolition of private property and the repeal of the 22nd amendment, nothing really happened.
07-30-2009, 06:48 PM   #6

Hmm. I haven't had a TV for the last five years and never missed it (I actually banned my gf to bring one in when we moved in together - she was sad at first but is thankful now!).. I guess you could go check ebaums or some other hilarious place on the net. Also you could check some unread posts in the pentax forum and I think the best advice I can give you is that go get a great book - be it on a great topic or of an interesting content - and spend some evenings reading. Beats TV any time as it leaves lots of room to your own imagination and thought process..

Cheers!
07-30-2009, 06:52 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by slomojoe Quote
Don't worry, we'll keep you informed. Today, apart from the passing of a nationalized health care bill by both the House and Senate, the abolition of private property and the repeal of the 22nd amendment, nothing really happened.
Actually, according to all the media there was one MAJOR piece of news: the President had a beer with some guys!

07-30-2009, 07:37 PM   #8
Veteran Member

And to commorate this occasion, I'm hoisting a bottle of Red Stripe right now. Pretty tasty brew from the island nation.

Larry
07-30-2009, 07:38 PM   #9
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by arche Quote
Hmm. I haven't had a TV for the last five years and never missed it (I actually banned my gf to bring one in when we moved in together - she was sad at first but is thankful now!).. I guess you could go check ebaums or some other hilarious place on the net. Also you could check some unread posts in the pentax forum and I think the best advice I can give you is that go get a great book - be it on a great topic or of an interesting content - and spend some evenings reading. Beats TV any time as it leaves lots of room to your own imagination and thought process..

Cheers!
Yeah maybe I'll go read Mien Kampf. Since that's where we're headed anyway.
07-30-2009, 07:41 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Question.....do you live and breath politics 24-7 or just while you're logged in here??

Larry
07-30-2009, 08:08 PM   #11
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by larryinlc Quote
Question.....do you live and breath politics 24-7 or just while you're logged in here??

Larry
I post in the photo threads also buddy.
07-30-2009, 08:10 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I would instead suggest The Tao of Pooh, or perhaps Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.
07-30-2009, 08:12 PM   #13
Veteran Member

I post in the photo threads also buddy.
That's good. Being consumed but the daily goings on in Washington DC is not good for your health. I'm serious here.

Larry
07-30-2009, 10:25 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
I would instead suggest The Tao of Pooh, or perhaps Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.
Or Zinn and the Art of Road Bike Maintenance? It's a good book.
07-30-2009, 10:34 PM   #15
Veteran Member

God...really?....you pay how much down there in taxes and let them get away with 5 days?.....I don't care how much you have loaded up on the PVR..even at crappy 720i......one can only watch so much for so long. I've heard 1 day..but 5?...wtf....someone here would have there butt kicked to Alaska...