Sure, quarters be OK?

08-01-2009, 07:17 PM   #32
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Sure, quarters be OK?
No problemo Dad.
08-02-2009, 06:33 AM   #33
Banned

multi-millionaire? id still drive a classic VW, id still shoot Pentax (though at that point it would be film only)not much would change really. my lens collection would get a little bigger. my vinyl collection would get to the point of ridiculousness in a heartbeat. but thats about it. so I guess if I were to win such, I would certainly be a Pentax millionaire.
08-05-2009, 08:15 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The nature of the beast is, that regardless of the amount of money we have or make - we are never satisfied;-)

Self made Single Digit Millionaire Entrepreneur (took 25 yrs of blood,sweat & toil) shooting Pentax as for now it gives me the best ROI made. AND I only have an 18-55 & 55-300 kit lenses - GASP!!

Cheers

Dylan

08-05-2009, 11:05 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Actually, though, Annie Liebowitz is worth upwards of 50 million, though I know this because there was an NPR bit about how she lost a bundle on NYC real estate and may have to sell off her body of work to get out of debt. (But when she does she'll apparently still be a millionaire. )

I think if I won big lottery you might not see me for a while: I think I'd focus pretty intensively on my health while we figure out what to do with it all. There are some kind of big projects I might like to do, just what might depend on how healthy I can be made to be.

Probably would buy a number of Pentax things, though: if a change of systems (and more retraining) were in the cards, it'd be something to worry about later. I'd probably shoot a lot of film, too, just cause digital's still pretty concentration-intensive to me. Get some Limiteds, finally some high-tech flash, that new 55, probably, some fresher Canon FD bodies while my old pals here start getting some much-deserved overhauls. )
08-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Actually, though, Annie Liebowitz is worth upwards of 50 million, though I know this because there was an NPR bit about how she lost a bundle on NYC real estate and may have to sell off her body of work to get out of debt.
either i have a dirty mind, or the term "body of work" should be replaced with something else
08-05-2009, 11:49 AM   #37
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
either i have a dirty mind, or the term "body of work" should be replaced with something else
you do. no doubt about that whatsoever. however, when one considers the bulk of her work, its no surprise such an image can be made. she is a fantastic photographer. I think 'body of work' is very fitting, no matter how you [mis]interpret it.

08-05-2009, 12:07 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
you do. no doubt about that whatsoever. however, when one considers the bulk of her work, its no surprise such an image can be made. she is a fantastic photographer. I think 'body of work' is very fitting, no matter how you [mis]interpret it.
her collection
her portfolio (collection)
her work
her photographic work
her photographic inventory

body of work is an acceptable term, but with the prelude of "sell off her"..... haha.

its in the same realm as

"i helped my uncle Jack, off a horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off a horse"

you know?
08-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #39
Banned

QuoteQuote:
its in the same realm as

"i helped my uncle Jack, off a horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off a horse"

you know?
yea I do.... but not exactly the thing id like to think about. thanks for that. dirty mind indeed.
08-05-2009, 01:08 PM   #40
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
You could drive a Model T, that era is about where your thinking is at.
Obama's proposed tax reform:

08-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #41
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
If I were a millionaire I would hire someone to post for me. Or if I were a millionaire why would I bother posting at all. Money isn't everything. But what money can't buy I can rent.
I can't help myself. Does that mean your posts would be worth reading? Maybe I should buy you a lotto ticket and hope.
08-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #42
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Obama's proposed tax reform:

Thanks for the massive amount of effort you put into that. Would you like me to send you some crayons so you can colour it in?
08-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #43
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

No thanks, I have the box of 64 with the sharpener and everything.
08-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #44
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's all so old school - forget pencils & crayons: we've got Adobe's Creative Suite now!
08-05-2009, 02:35 PM   #45
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I can't help myself. Does that mean your posts would be worth reading? Maybe I should buy you a lotto ticket and hope.
And I get the infraction for insulting someone? Don't you have some moderating work to do?

Talk about a double standard!!!

Last edited by Peter Zack; 08-05-2009 at 03:25 PM.