Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2009, 09:39 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
I don't subscribe to any, but I really should get on the list for Outdoor Photography Canada. Website blows, but the print magazine rocks!
I not renew my subscription to Shutterbug due to their love for Canikons above all else.

I agree with the comments above, too. It is a good magazine.

08-04-2009, 02:59 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
When I was at Barnes & Nobles, they had a magazine called B&W. I was peeping through it and it was very thick and filled with lots of beautiful pictures and stuff. I don't think this magazine would be bad at all, if you guys ever go to a bookstore or ever see one in the stores, you should give it a read.

It's expensive for 35 a year but the pages are thick and the magazine itself is thick and is not filled with advertisements like you see in PopPhoto and Shutterbug, it's more like a picture book than a magazine.

B&W: Black & White Magazine: Amazon.com: Magazines

Last edited by LeDave; 08-04-2009 at 03:06 AM.
08-04-2009, 08:05 AM   #18
Inactive Account

I don't subscribe either, I don't want to pay for something that doesn't have any good articles in it. I usually just pick one up when I need something to read at the doctor's office or during lunch... only if it has good articles in it.
08-04-2009, 05:23 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I discontinued my subscription to Shutterbug Magazine since I have noticed that they were more leaning towards Canon and Nikon.
They didn't even give the K20D an extensive review.
The review itself of the K20D was lacking too as the important aspects of the camera where overlooked..but when the review was about Canon or Nikon or Sony, it would take several pages and the review itself would sound like all excitement.
I'm now subscribing more to Post Processing technique magazines as it it better to make the final result of the photo pleasing or acceptable.

08-04-2009, 05:49 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

I stopped reading them when I realized it had all been said at least three times before.
08-04-2009, 06:52 PM   #21
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I stopped reading them when I realized it had all been said at least three times before.
Well of course you've seen things over 3 times. I mean you did trek with Methusela after all