Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2009, 04:39 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax in Harry Potter Movie?

Hi, All:

I just saw the new Harry Potter movie, and I am wondering if there was a Pentax camera in one shot:

There's this scene where the main characters are at this small celebration (I honestly forgot where) and they are dressed up in black tie stuff. It is some sort of magical room where many curtains are hanging. There's a celeb photographer taking shots of folks, and for the few frames that I saw the camera, it look to me like a Pentax 67 or something similar....it clearly had the pentaprism viewfinder shape at the top. The camera had magical properties and made a weird "poof" noise when the flash went off. Again, I just saw a few frames, but it sure looked like a modified 67 of some sort.

Has anyone else seen this .... or might be seeing the movie shortly to check it out?

germar

08-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #2
Veteran Member

It sounds like you've been hexed...
08-03-2009, 11:15 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Man, even better - I just saw an MZ series being used to take surveillance photos in The Bill.

They even got the focal length/field of view through the lens fairly accurate (think it was an FA 100-300 f4.7-5.6.)
08-06-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by germar Quote
Hi, All:

I just saw the new Harry Potter movie, and I am wondering if there was a Pentax camera in one shot:

There's this scene where the main characters are at this small celebration (I honestly forgot where) and they are dressed up in black tie stuff. It is some sort of magical room where many curtains are hanging. There's a celeb photographer taking shots of folks, and for the few frames that I saw the camera, it look to me like a Pentax 67 or something similar....it clearly had the pentaprism viewfinder shape at the top. The camera had magical properties and made a weird "poof" noise when the flash went off. Again, I just saw a few frames, but it sure looked like a modified 67 of some sort.

Has anyone else seen this .... or might be seeing the movie shortly to check it out?

germar
I heard that Paris Hilton uses a Pentax when she's sailing in her boat to her private island getaway. I guess we can all revel in this unofficial endorsement and feel good about using this brand (which I don't actually use).

08-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #5
Inactive Account

So...what are you doing here, then, mischivo?
08-06-2009, 04:17 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
He's here for the glory and fame of course......
08-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
Aside from a few Pentax-specific questions in the beginners forum, most of the site is devoted to photography in general. I'm here for the latter. If this was all about Pentax and nothing else, there'd be no general forum, as is clearly not the case.