Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-05-2009, 07:09 PM   #31
Veteran Member

This thread brought to you by.....and now back to the banter.

Attached Images

08-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Yea we should. We should get rid of all those nasty security measures put in place too. After all we weren't really attacked with over 3000 people lost. Yep. Stop your 9/10 mentality.
Heck, lets just kill off the world. Problems solved

Larry
08-05-2009, 07:12 PM   #33
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by larryinlc Quote
Heck, lets just kill off the world. Problems solved

Larry
Well the radical muslims are trying.

Palin is now out of office. Why are the Libs still scared of her? Any way you look at it she's still smarter than Biden
08-05-2009, 07:14 PM   #34
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by napawino Quote
Oh yeah, thats right. Noobs are bad.

Actually, it hasn't been Noobs that have been doing it, it's been long standing members.
Congrats on figuring out how to attach a picture, now you know how to attach a wide one. All part of the service.

08-05-2009, 07:16 PM   #35
Damn Brit

Actually, I thought it was the other way round, the New Knights Templar (sorry, I mean Blackwater) are a good example.
08-05-2009, 07:16 PM   #36
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike L Quote
We may not have got the full story in this part of the world but what did Al Gore have to do with the 2 reporters being arrested?
They worked for him through Current TV
08-05-2009, 07:17 PM   #37
Veteran Member

i say everyone bomb the **** out of everyone else

just wait a few days while i make my way to Antarctica

08-05-2009, 07:19 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yea we should. We should get rid of all those nasty security measures put in place too. After all we weren't really attacked with over 3000 people lost. Yep. Stop your 9/10 mentality.
Yeah, that was real effective. We retaliate for 9/11 by sending troops to a country that didn't even attack us. Resulting in far more than 3000 deaths.

Why should anyone attack us, when we send them all the cannon fodder they need?

I'd love to research this more, but GWB is still tracking my library card.
08-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #39
Veteran Member

If you'll all excuse me now, I have to go home and get ready for Greta. Aside from her bent nose, she's hot!!

Larry
08-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

Palin is now out of office. Why are the Libs still scared of her? Any way you look at it she's still smarter than Biden
No one's as scared of her as her own party.
08-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #41
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by flippedgazelle Quote
No one's as scared of her as her own party.
Really doubt that. Her party isn't really saying anything about her. It seems to be just the liberals.
08-05-2009, 08:36 PM   #42
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
They worked for him through Current TV
Thanks for clearing that up, I wanted to check if it was anti-Democrat vitriol or if there was something more to it.

They held 2 reporters that were of no harm to them. And really broke no laws. If they were truly guilty of something they wouldn't have been released so fast.
It's like being pregnant you either are or you aren't - they either broke the law or they didn't. There's only a few people that really know if they crossed the border before or after they were arrested - some of them will say yes and some of them will say no. It was their manifestly excessive sentences for relatively minor immigration breach and the charge of committing hostilities against the Korean nation that made them into headline news.

I don't think the speed of their release can be used as an indicator of their guilt, Bill probably rocked up with a box of cigars (along with some intern stories), a bottle of cognac, and a nice message from Obama so that Kim Jong Il felt important and convince him they will all look good if he pardons the reporters. Kim Jong Il could have waited until the last days of his presidency to pardon them, as seems to be the fashion in the US, but Bill might have come back or even sent Hillary if he waited any longer.

I thought we didn't negotiate with terrorists and rogue states?
Maybeyou guys should look beyond that monochrome world view, it might help to stop them trying to get your attention in other ways. There's a lot of grey in the world and one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
08-05-2009, 08:41 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by napawino Quote
Any good political discussion needs popcorn.
I like popcorn....especially after Bush tried to "Villainise" those dang popcorn eaters....
08-05-2009, 08:48 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Cause she can still run around in her high heals blasting folks with her shotgun....oh sorry...that was Dick Cheney....
08-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #45
Veteran Member

Sure they are. They held 2 reporters that were of no harm to them. And really broke no laws. If they were truly guilty of something they wouldn't have been released so fast.
Not to start yet another flamewar, but, let's say... like the dozens of people we've released after several years of detention in Guantanamo, cleared of all accused crimes?
Closed Thread