Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
graphicgr8s

What bad economy?

Our illustrious government besides all the other wasteful spending is buying Congress 3 jets at a cost of $65 million each. Yippeee the recession is over!!!

08-05-2009, 10:17 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Can't they just borrow jets from the CIA?

Wait. Those don't exist.
08-06-2009, 01:07 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Considering the savings made on not throwing away all that money on the Raptor I'm sure the job stimulation by purchasing jets those jets is money responsibly spent.
08-06-2009, 07:29 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Our illustrious government besides all the other wasteful spending is buying Congress 3 jets at a cost of $65 million each. Yippeee the recession is over!!!
So what do you think they are going to do with all them black helicopters they always fly around your backyard, graphic?

08-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #5
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by slomojoe Quote
So what do you think they are going to do with all them black helicopters they always fly around your backyard, graphic?
Well they are missing the one I shot down last week.
08-06-2009, 11:11 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

What? They finally retired the Fokker Trimotors?
08-06-2009, 11:15 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow, a whole 190 million dollars... Sounds like a thriftier way to save aviation industry jobs than throwing billions at cheating banks and not even getting planes. If they're cheaper to operate than whatever they're replacing, keep in mind the total costs over a service life.

08-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #8
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Wow, a whole 190 million dollars... Sounds like a thriftier way to save aviation industry jobs than throwing billions at cheating banks and not even getting planes. If they're cheaper to operate than whatever they're replacing, keep in mind the total costs over a service life.
190 million here. 850 billion there. Trillions to healthcare. Trilliions is pork. It's only money after all. When we run out we'll raise taxes is all. Or print more. Wait. China don't want us to do that.

I would say that they are spending like drunken sailors but I don't want to offend drunken sailors. I don't think they could spend as stupidly as the Obama.
08-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #9
Veteran Member

buying Congress 3 jets at a cost of $65 million each.

Your figures, Graphic.

Money *does* get spent in a government, you know. I see nothing irresponsible here for you to freak out about.

Besides, you're in no position to complain after what Bush just threw to big finance without even oversight. I think figures of like 190 million are what some of those fatcats took our money to literally spend on a big party. Never mind 'performance bonuses' for those who actually made fortunes screwing up the economy. Dry up a bit.
08-06-2009, 12:09 PM   #10
graphicgr8s

Your figures, Graphic.

Money *does* get spent in a government, you know. I see nothing irresponsible here for you to freak out about.

Besides, you're in no position to complain after what Bush just threw to big finance without even oversight. I think figures of like 190 million are what some of those fatcats took our money to literally spend on a big party. Never mind 'performance bonuses' for those who actually made fortunes screwing up the economy. Dry up a bit.
No, not my figures actually. These are the figures on the news last night.

Oh You mean like Dodd and Franks?
08-07-2009, 07:17 PM   #11
graphicgr8s

Your figures, Graphic.

Bush threw it, Democrats approved it, Nancy Pelosi added 150 billion in "earmarks" and drove it up and since they actually write the bills they added no way to account for the money.

This government doesn't spend money, they waste it then confiscate more. When that fails they just print more.
08-08-2009, 07:33 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Please remember something everybody. The only difference between Republicans and Democrats is how they spend our money after they steal it from us. I see no real difference between Bush and Obama.
08-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #13
Site Supporter

I do.

I do.

The secret service doesn't have to work out pretzel avoidance stratagies!
08-08-2009, 01:45 PM   #14
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by shooz Quote
I do.

I do.

The secret service doesn't have to work out pretzel avoidance stratagies!
Drink up
Attached Images

08-08-2009, 03:58 PM   #15
Site Supporter

Cute graphic....
Self portrait?
Great year for the old
Rupert Rush flavor cool aid eh?