Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2009, 05:56 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very sorry to hear about your lose.

08-07-2009, 08:05 AM   #17
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Sorry for your loss.
08-07-2009, 08:11 AM   #18
Inactive Account

I'm sorry for your loss. I've been through 3 and we've got a 9 year old Boxer with us right now, I can't imagine what 4 is going to be like.

Whenever I hear about a dog's passing I'm reminded of this story:

Compiled from eye witness accounts of a trial summary delivered by George Graham Vest in 1870 at the old courthouse in Warrensburg, MO during a trial about the shooting of a farmer’s dog named “Old Drum” by a neighbor.

Gentlemen of the jury, the best friend a man has in this world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter whom he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us---those who we trust with our happiness and our good name---may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its clouds upon our heads. The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world---the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous---is his dog.

Gentlemen of the jury, a man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he can be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounter with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens. If fortune drives the master forth an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him to guard against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes the master in its embrace, and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by his graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even to death.
08-07-2009, 08:41 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks a lot guys for your support. It does feel good knowing there is a shoulder you can cry on. It is especially hard for my wife, as he was her constant buddy, and also trained to help her. Here are some snap shots: Picasa Web Albums - Yves - Ozi

08-07-2009, 10:06 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm really sorry, Yves.

Jer
08-07-2009, 05:52 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I feel for you, Yves.
08-07-2009, 06:32 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry to hear this--it's a hard thing.

08-08-2009, 12:55 PM   #23
Veteran Member

I know how it feels to lose a beloved pet. Sorry for your loss.
08-08-2009, 02:08 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very sorry to hear this, Yves, even more so as he was apparently of such great help to your wife. She must miss him terribly. Dogs can be such wonderful and comforting companions. Our oldest dog is 11 now. She was recently diagnosed with a heart disease and I can't bear to think of the time when she won't be with us anymore. We've lost several pets. They mostly died of old age, but losingone is something I'll never get used to and it's always too soon. Go through your pictures, find the best one(s), have it printed and try to remember the many good times you've shared. It used to help me - in the end.

Last edited by lidy; 08-08-2009 at 02:26 PM.
08-08-2009, 06:57 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks everybody.

Lidy, I already printed a 24 X 36 (inches, not cm.) to have matted. You always think it will be easier with your next pet, but it never is. When they leave, it makes a void in your life that's hard to fill. The sad thing with Ozi is that it happened so suddenly that we couldn't prepare for it.
08-09-2009, 05:57 AM   #26
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
I'm sorry for your loss.
We also had to make the same decision for the same reason last December.
Our dear old 'Lady' was in the last stages of renal failure and it was too agonizing to watch.
We all cried. I even get a little misty now as I write this.
She had a very unique personality and we used to take her everywhere.
It really hurt but we had to do it so she wouldn't suffer any more.

Little did I know but the vet clinic took an imprint of one of her paws at the time. They made a cast of her paw imprint in plaster of paris. My wife took this to a place that makes monuments and headstones . Just last week she brought home a beautifully 'garden stone' with the paw imprint and the words "Lady. Our Family Dog". She placed it under a shady tree in the back yard.

She was a great friend and I miss her like crazy.
I wish our clinic did that. What I wouldn't do to have Max's print. His paw was as big as my hand.
08-09-2009, 06:33 AM   #27
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Really sorry to hear this news. I (like many others) know only too well how tough this is. My sincere sympathy to both of you.