Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
Forum Member

Indiana State Fair / Concerts

This is a shot in the dark, probably. Has anyone attended the Indiana State Fair? If so, have you been to marquee concerts there? I'm wondering if DSLR cameras will be permitted -- or any cameras at all, for that matter.

I don't mind attending the concert without a camera, but I'd like to take my DSLR for shots throughout the day as we enjoy the fair. The trunk of my car does not seem like a safe place to stash good equipment while we're at an evening concert. Hmmm . . .

08-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I can't help you with specifics, but more and more venues are not allowing cameras with removable lens or are requiring their users to sign release forms. You should check with the concert presenter to see what the policy is. Performances are copyrightable events and it's up to the copyright holder (sometimes the artist) to decide what they want to permit.
08-09-2009, 06:01 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
We had gone to a concert at Va Beach a few years ago and they allowed cameras but not camcorders. Got some good shots of Sugar Ray and Charlie Daniels Band with my P & S, but stupid computer crashed after that and I LOST them. Yes, I have learned since then to back up EVERYTHING.
08-10-2009, 08:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yes, you can bring a DSLR into the concerts. See this FAQ. Hope you have fun!

08-14-2009, 11:21 AM   #5

I remember seeing those with DLSRs and telephotos shooting from the grand stands at the Garrison Keiler/Prarie Home Companion show last year at the State Fair. It may also depend on the concert/artist. Please check before going, if possible.
08-16-2009, 03:25 AM   #6
Damn Brit

Thread moved to General Talk.