Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2009, 03:27 PM   #1
Damn Brit

Underworld

If anyone knows who they are (most people would know them for doing the soundtrack music for the movie 'Trainspotting') and are interested, my wife and I went to see them, it was our first night out since the baby was born.
I only had my 3mp Fuji F700 but I managed to create some memories.

For anyone in the Bay Area, can thoroughly recommend the newly renovated Fox Theatre in Oakland as a venue. Beautifully decked out and awesome acoustics. There is a bar attached which is open to the public and you can also get into the theatre itself via the bar.

Here's the link to pics I took; http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=1598744346

Last edited by Damn Brit; 08-09-2009 at 09:04 AM.
08-08-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
If anyone knows who they are (most people would know them for doing the soundtrack music for the movie 'Trainspotting')
Oh, you dirty numb angel-boy, you, Damn Brit.

They only had Born Slippy on the soundtrack. But it was masterfully placed in the movie.
08-09-2009, 12:13 AM   #3
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
Oh, you dirty numb angel-boy, you, Damn Brit.

They only had Born Slippy on the soundtrack. But it was masterfully placed in the movie.
Yeah well, people associate that track above all others with the soundtrack (apart from possibly the Iggy Pop track) so it was easier to say they did the soundtrack. That's how history gets written, you should know that.

And I ain't no f*****g angel, boy or otherwise.
08-09-2009, 04:38 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Lou Reed's Perfect Day was also so a good 'un.

Too bad your photos are shit. Or good. I can't tell. Facebook's asking me to sign up - but **** Web 2.0, that's my philosophy.

08-09-2009, 05:48 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Yeah Gary, the Facebook link doesn't go anywhere and I have a Facebook account....
08-09-2009, 09:02 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I dunno, I always associate that Pulp b-side with the Trainspotting OST.
08-09-2009, 09:07 AM   #7
Damn Brit

Lou Reed's Perfect Day was also so a good 'un.

Too bad your photos are shit. Or good. I can't tell. Facebook's asking me to sign up - but **** Web 2.0, that's my philosophy.
You can always be relied on to be a ray of sunshine. It's too bad Richard Burton isn't still alive to play you in a movie of your life. He could reprise his role in 'Look back in anger'

QuoteOriginally posted by Wildnsyko Quote
Yeah Gary, the Facebook link doesn't go anywhere and I have a Facebook account....
Fixed that.

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
I dunno, I always associate that Pulp b-side with the Trainspotting OST.
You would.

08-09-2009, 09:32 AM   #8
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
You can always be relied on to be a ray of sunshine. It's too bad Richard Burton isn't still alive to play you in a movie of your life. He could reprise his role in 'Look back in anger'
Oh, I'm sure those shots are good. I just can't see them ("Facebook: show the world how unique and special you are, like millions of others.")

As a token of apology, you big electronica fan, you, I offer to you I'm A DJ by sonicanimation.
08-09-2009, 11:30 PM   #9
Damn Brit

Oh, I'm sure those shots are good. I just can't see them ("Facebook: show the world how unique and special you are, like millions of others.")

As a token of apology, you big electronica fan, you, I offer to you I'm A DJ by sonicanimation.
No they're not good, but they are memories for me.
You should be able to see them now if you check the link again.

Wicked video thanks mate.
08-11-2009, 01:24 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Ahhhhh Iggy Pop & Lou Reed - haven't heard those names in yonks - I used to have all the original LP recordings of then two of my favorite artists

On BBC K they had a good show re: birth of Punk and was good to see live shows of the Sex Pistols, Ramones, Patti Smith (my icon) as living in SA we never ever got to see any live bands.

cheers

Dyl
08-11-2009, 01:31 AM   #11
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by dylansalt Quote
Ahhhhh Iggy Pop & Lou Reed - haven't heard those names in yonks - I used to have all the original LP recordings of then two of my favorite artists

On BBC K they had a good show re: birth of Punk and was good to see live shows of the Sex Pistols, Ramones, Patti Smith (my icon) as living in SA we never ever got to see any live bands.

cheers

Dyl
The subject was Underworld Dyl.

I'm glad the thread triggered some happy memories though mate.
08-11-2009, 06:10 AM   #12
Inactive Account

cheers

Dyl
Ever heard of a little band called The Saints?
08-12-2009, 01:03 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Howzit Gary

Apologies for the hijack and the reminiscing;-)

Lithos - nope - SA was more influenced by Brit & American bands than the ones from Aussie - until I heard AC/DC - aha an awakening!!

Dyl
08-12-2009, 01:06 PM   #14
Damn Brit

Howzit Gary

Apologies for the hijack and the reminiscing;-)

Lithos - nope - SA was more influenced by Brit & American bands than the ones from Aussie - until I heard AC/DC - aha an awakening!!

Dyl
No apologies necessary Dyl, just yanking your chain.

I saw that birth of punk show as well, brought back memories. I once had the police come round to my house because I was playing 'God Save the Queen' by the SPs too loud. Mind you, I also had the speakers out of the window.