Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2009, 02:03 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax T-shirt came

Hey you guys I ordered a Pentax t-shirt for 9.95 and it was a total of almost 17 bucks shipped. It came yesterday but I didn't check my mail until today. (My Giottos rocket blower also came too, the air pressure was a lot stronger than I originally thought it'd be).

I have to take an art class for college and I decided to take digital photography for that. I emailed the professor and she said that they will not only learn how to compose, they'll also use Adobe Photoshop and learn how to post process the images. School is starts on August 25th and I'm excited to take 15 credits since summer is so boring.

I am wondering whether I should wear this shirt that first day or if I should wait a little bit. I am not that good of a photographer... yet. I am still learning and I don't want to embarrass the Pentax community by wearing it to school

It was only a t-shirt and they packed it in a nice cardboard box with a air bubble container around the shirt. They probably did that to keep the t-shirt from being wrinkly when it arrived

08-09-2009, 02:15 AM   #2
Damn Brit

Congrats on the shirt, they charged you a lot for postage.
I wish it came in black or grey.
I don't think wearing the tshirt will be considered an indication of your photographic skill, after all, if you wore a Radiohead tshirt, people wouldn't necessarily think you could play a guitar.
If you want to wear it to class, personally I would wear it and wash it a couple of times first. They are more likely to notice it because it's new than because of what is on it.
Be prepared to be in the minority though, you will probably be outnumbered by Canons, Nikons and possibly Sonys.
Good luck with your class.
08-09-2009, 02:26 AM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
...if you wore a Radiohead tshirt, people wouldn't necessarily think you could play a guitar.
Or even if you were in Radiohead.

Talentless ******s.
08-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's one that's less verbose yet still makes a statement:

Pentax shirt

Comes in various colors, too...

Chris

08-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
See, what it is, is Pentax needs a cooler-looking logo. Maybe if they went back to the early typeface, it'd be more wearable.

I don't really wear stuff with logos on it, anyway. Except maybe to bed or around the house. But I think their merchandising could probably use a little work. The current 'Big bold word PENTAX' just doesn't say much of anything. Apart from the general disinclination these days to show camera logos on straps and the like, it's just not very attractive or appealing even if you wouldn't or don't particularly mind that.

If they did a little design to make things people'd want to wear, even if they have nothing to do with the brand, that's a way to get some visibility. Just get it out there and all. (I have a theory that Pentax ought to play up the heritage thing, send out cameras with some assortment of 'hippie strap' looking straps for promotions, and suchlike.

Wonder if we couldn't do a little viral stuff with one of those Cafepress pages and the old logo or whatnot.

For the OP, I just wouldn't worry about it. If it's the sort of thing you'd ordinarily wear, why not. If it feels a dorky or anything, it's probably not the best way for you to dress when meeting a lot of new people.
08-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wear this only for special Pentax occasions:

Chris
08-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I wear this only for special Pentax occasions:

Chris
Stunning. No, I mean, really.

08-09-2009, 07:03 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
what printed on the front?
08-09-2009, 07:56 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Here's one that's less verbose yet still makes a statement:

Pentax shirt

Comes in various colors, too...

Chris
For the price they're charging for the shirt + shipping, you could pick up a non-working Spotmatic on Ebay & crazy glue it to a $1.99 t-shirt for a unique 3-D look.
08-11-2009, 07:10 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I thing I'll get a big Gold chain and stick a DA40 lens on it and hang it around my neck when I go to the big city.